Occasional Contributor

On the Gemstone Cuff??? I'm on the fence, but I have to admit the gemstones look really pretty!!! I have it in my cart . . . What do you ladies think?

Occasional Contributor

Well, I ordered it. I figured I could always return it if I don't like it.

Super Contributor
On 7/15/2014 DebbieNC said:

On the Gemstone Cuff??? I'm on the fence, but I have to admit the gemstones look really pretty!!! I have it in my cart . . . What do you ladies think?

Multi-gemstone = mine vomit. Wink

Pass.

Super Contributor

With multi-gemstone anything, a person either love it or hate it.... the reason behind it is key. Several years ago one of my former coworkers saw a presentation on the Q showing a multi-gemstone ring. Right off the bat she said the ring looked ugly. I asked her what about the ring that she thought was ugly. She couldn't answer me. So I explain to her what I saw on the screen. I went on to explain to her the color saturation of each stone. Again I asked her what about the ring that was ugly. She couldn't come up with an explanation. So I finally asked her if the ring had just one color of stone, would that make the ring more appealing? She said it would. I finally asked if it was the mix color that she didn't like, that it wasn't her cup of tea? She said that was it.

I am not a fan of multi-gemstones anything that looks like the stones are thrown haphazardly together. If the mutli-gemstones are put together with some kind of scheme, I might like it. Example would be a graduated color, from lightest to darkest, etc.

Super Contributor

This is totally just my opinion, but I think multi gems look better on gold as opposed to silver. I would definitely pass on the cuff.

Honored Contributor

I don't tend to care for multi-gemstone pieces of this nature and this was no exception. I also thought it was sort of pricey for what it is. This piece wasn't for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I'm a pass on the cuff, because I think it looks like too much; however, the ring was a go for me. A crush of stones with just enough color on the hand. Yes, I wish it was in gold, but the silver on the band is mostly hidden on this ring under your hand, so it's not too silvery. I find that these types of rings, and I have several of them, go when you have on a monocromatic look, which is kind of my signature style. I don't dress in a lot of prints, mostly solid colors, and then I let the jewelry and scarves do all the work.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/16/2014 ennui1 said:
On 7/15/2014 DebbieNC said:

Multi-gemstone = mine vomit. Wink

Pass.

Ennui, I take it you are not a fan of multi-gemstone jewelry? Eh, Eh. I think the cuff is beautiful, but I would only wear it with a white shirt because it would contrast with prints and it just looks 'complicated.' I wish they also had some common gemstones such as the 'five flavors' today in some basic pieces, which is what most of us wear. I have a few really nice pieces of gemstone jewelry that my husband bought me and those are enough for 'special events' and such, but I look to these gem days to get pieces that can be worn anytime and I don't see that happening today.

Honored Contributor

These cuffs have been on the q in the past certainly not at this price point. This is not a new look, didn't buy it nor want it then, don't want it today.

Too bad they couldn't offer something more appealing. To me, a multi gemstone is a catch-all hoping to appeal to all of the masses. Ho-hum to me.

Honored Contributor
I'm a major fan of rainbows and multicolors, but I CANNOT wear an open bangle, so that's that.