New Contributor
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎07-26-2012

What are these black bits of paper that came with my gold rings?

Hi guys!

Wondering if you could help me solve a mystery. Years ago I bought a set of 3 18k plated stack rings. Each came in their own tiny plastic baggie and in each baggie was the ring (obviously) and a small square of thin black paper.

Does anybody know what these are called? Are they there to keep the jewelry from tarnishing? I would actually like to buy some more as it seems that those three rings are the only things in my jewel box that do not tarnish.


Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View