Honored Contributor

Re: What Shape Was Your Engagement Ring?

@ECBG  I always loved my oval ring, but completely sold on it when in the movie FIFTY SHADES OF GREY, he presented Dakota Johnson with my exact ring!!!

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Thank you so much !  I put that ring on every day and smile.  Almost at our 55th anniversary next month and I still feel your words would described him !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz 

It's such a wonderful feeling when every time you glance down at your ring you can smile and love it just as much or more than the first time you laid eyes on it!  How amazing -- 55 years -- that's truly an accomplishment!  Happy early anniversary! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Merci beaucoup !

When I started my first job after college, my boss asked me to go down to the cafeteria for coffee and to meet the evening shift supervisor of the main computer that processed billing.  Said it would be good to know to whom you're talking when there's a problem to solve.  Okay.....

As soon as he started speaking, I knew he was the One !  We were married a year later.  He was doing college in the day time.  Turns out he did college and law school in 6 years while working most of those years in a demanding job.  

Meanwhile, I got my Masters degree and got assigned to different departments for interdepartmental experience on the fast track program.  He quit the company and just retired from the practice of law and his own law firm.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz 

What a lovely story!  Thank you for sharing.  It was all meant to be....

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Pear w/ baguettes.
Honored Contributor

Round in a WW2 square, 14k gold setting.

Super Contributor

I loved reading your stories about your engagement and wedding rings. The different shapes, the different stones, the meaning of them. There are many touching stories.

My 1st engagement ring was a round diamond set on a wide gold band. My wedding ring was a thin plain gold band. I didn't wear them except when I was home sometimes because for our 30th anniversary my husband bought me a 2 ct marquise in a 2 ct setting. My original set was stolen 4 years ago when our home was burglarized. I know I'll cry at times and miss my original rings for as long as I live. My husband and I got married in our teens so it was quite a surprise to even get a beautiful diamond. I would have been very happy with my little gold band.

Enough about my story. Keep your stories coming because I truly do enjoy them. oh, by the way. For you ladies that have marquise diamonds. They're becoming very popular again. You get the biggest look from any marquise stone. They're my favorite cut next to a round.

Honored Contributor

Round.  I desinged this ring myself after taking the solitaire from a family ring that came from a friend that passed.  Her hubby just sold all her jewelry off.  I can't say I actually designed it, as I was passing a jewelry store window in the mall and fell in love with a certain setting.  The store just set my diamond in that setting for me.