Honored Contributor

Re: What Shape Was Your Engagement Ring?

[ Edited ]

Emerald cut with baguettes on the sides.  

It's now a beautiful pendant on a necklace.  😉😊

Honored Contributor

Never got one, don't have a wedding band either. Yes we are married, had to 35 yrs into living together and being partners in crime for insurance. It's now 47 years later and I still have no rings to show for it. 

Esteemed Contributor

My original engagement ring was a round 1/2 karat set in 14 karat gold.  We were young and didn't have the money, of course that ring still means the world to me.  Later on though DH did buy me a 1 karat emerald cut with baguettes in the band in 14 karat white gold.  I love it!!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marquis.  Unusual cut, but that was what I wanted. I have baguettes too. Platinum.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine was round.  But latest rings I bought, were mostly marquis.  Love that shape.

Honored Contributor

Oval until anniversary #10 and received a marquise 7 stone anniversary ring.  8 years later took them all off and wear anything on that finger as long as it does not look close to a wedding ring.  Had the anniversary ring re-sized for right hand wearing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

An oval 3 ct. London blue topaz.

Esteemed Contributor

Round. That's what was in fashion back then

Trusted Contributor

Marquise - Still absolutely love my diamond almost 40 years later.  When I originally got engaged it was the marquise diamond mounted on a very thin white gold band in a high setting and it spun on my finger all the time.  After I was married 20 years I had that same diamond mounted into a white gold band surrounded by princess cut diamonds.  I know marquise shaped diamonds fell out of favor over the last few decades but I would never change that diamond for the sentiment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

mine was a tiny round---but I sold the gold years ago and the diamond was minute----so got nothing for it---I'm not a diamond girl anyway--but would love an asscher cut in any gem for a ring----