Trusted Contributor

Re: What Shape Was Your Engagement Ring?

@ECBG  First one was pear and the second one was round. Both beautiful.

Super Contributor

Mine is a cluster of rounds on a gold band.

Honored Contributor

i chose a cocktail ring as my engagement ring.....did not want a traditional engagement ring. it was a bunch of small round diamonds in a cluster. 14K yellow gold.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We couldn't afford an engagement ring. Later got 1/2 kt. yellow diamond that either someone stole from our apartment or the cat ate.

Replaced that with a round diamond, then for 25th replaced that with a larger princess cut.  

Honored Contributor

Marquis, it sat up kind of high and would snag on things, I did find out that a comfort style yellow gold band I liked moreSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My first marriage we were in college and I didn't have an engagement ring, just a white gold wedding band.  For my second (and final) marriage my engagement ring was a marquise blue sapphire.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Frequent Contributor

Round
Marquis
Radiant
Honored Contributor

Mine is round. I had a wider band ring, with a matching wedding band. I never took it off.  During my last pregnancy a jeweler had to help me get it off when my fingers started to swell. They had to cut my wedding band off and unfortunately cut through the inscription.

DH gave me a three-stone eternity ring for our 25th anniversary. That's what I wear on my left hand.   Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  Round.  💍

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Round.

I think my favorite shape/cut these days would be a cushion or asscher.  My favorite "famous" ring is still Pippa's:

Pippa Middleton's Wedding Day - Larsen Jewellery