Trusted Contributor

Re: What Robert Lee Morris said.....RLM

@Kachina624 wrote:

At Tiffany, you're paying for the blue box and the name.  The designs, at least the ones I've seen, are very ordinary.

Tiffany is going with the trends, but their very intricate pieces were always expensive.  It's a luxury brand with expensive stores and staff.  

QVC, not so much.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Trusted Contributor

@catlover wrote:

I know you're paying for the design, but, if that were completely true than $148 is way too low-Why not just make it like he used to-in silver?

Tiffany also charges alot for their silver items-again you're paying for the design-but it's silver.

I have nothing against bronze-I love Bronzo Italia-I have several very nice pieces-

My original point was that if silver is approx. $15 an oz............why would the bracelet be over $1000?

As someone that has designed and sold jewelry, the only reason it would be that high is if 1) it was very costly to produce, 2) it was extremely limited in production do e onomies of scale are meaningless, or 3) some insane person would pay it.  RLM's pieces tend to be simply cast,and that's not expensive, and I doubt the bracelet would weigh more than a few ounces.  No, it wouldn't be over $1,000.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I have his Meandering Heart pieces and love them... equisite and weighty, all silver.

I bought ONE silver and bronze necklace and within a year the bronze was discoloring underneath the protective coating.  It became unwearable.

Mr. Morris tends to .... how do we say this nicely.... exaggerate on occasion?  He thinks his stuff is worth more than anyone elses.... lol.

I appreciate his designs and own some of his pieces, but I can't watch him.  Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Years ago my first couple of pieces were silver.....they all came stamped in HUGE letters 

CHINA.    You could see it on the earrings when you wore them.....I sent the junk back and never bought again. 

Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

I know you're paying for the design, but, if that were completely true than $148 is way too low-Why not just make it like he used to-in silver?

Tiffany also charges alot for their silver items-again you're paying for the design-but it's silver.

I have nothing against bronze-I love Bronzo Italia-I have several very nice pieces-

My original point was that if silver is approx. $15 an oz............why would the bracelet be over $1000?

I think he's saying out in retail they would charge and some people would be willing to pay a grand for his design in silver. I would not.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had read some articles about his work and basically he was really known for his costume jewelry for years.  He started doing pieces in solid silver and gold fairly recently and as such, isn't really a known designer in those mediums whereas, anything sold at Tiffany's carries status and prestige so it can command a high price just because its that stores offerings. 

I also tend to think he overestimates his name in the marketplace and I just take it with a grain of salt.  I went to high school and college with people who absolutely sought status names to wear and they found theirs on Rodeo Drive, Beverly Center and places like that. 

Honored Contributor

Didn't they say that bracelet was white bronze? Meaning solid white metal? Not plated with silver? Now I'll have to go look. If it takes and keeps a high polish I might consider it. I have not bought Bronzo except one bracelet from Honora, and that was to get those particular pearls.
Esteemed Contributor

Based on the review, maybe it would be over $1,000!

'...the bracelet fell from my wrist it hit two of my toes and I've been in agony for hours...'

Respected Contributor

I think he meant a heavy, solid sterling Robert Lee Morris bracelet would be over $1000.  Not just any silver bracelet. 

Super Contributor

I feel the reason for the high silver price is the name of the designer.  Such as in the case of Judith Ripka pieces being so high.  And they are silver with DMQ.