Honored Contributor

What Happened to Melania's Jewelry?

I just read an article in GQ that said that her line was very successful at QVC - it sold out in minutes. She told the reporter she designed the pieces herself.

Was it pulled because of her husband? Or because his lines were pulled too (the steaks, etc)?

Super Contributor

Re: What Happened to Melania's Jewelry?

Hi Terrier!

I asked the same question a long time ago on these boards and some of the replies were not so nice.  Melania's jewelry apparently is a vendor line that was phased out.  On her personal website, she makes reference to go to QVC and there is only one item remaining.  I do not believe it has anything to do with her husband. I bought two of her rings, one was for my Mom who passed away in August 2010. It was an emerald cz ring (almost got the chance to speak to Melania that night).  I found Mom's ring under a chair in the living room after she went to the hospital.  I love it and may wear it one day.

All the best to you, LadyAlice

Honored Contributor

I have wondered about this, too.  I have a cross necklace of hers that I bought and love.  She had some nice pieces.  I wonder if she knew what was coming ( politically) and knew their would be many demands made on her in the near future and she wanted to devote her time to that?????

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

I just read an article in GQ that said that her line was very successful at QVC - it sold out in minutes. She told the reporter she designed the pieces herself.

Was it pulled because of her husband? Or because his lines were pulled too (the steaks, etc)?

@terrier3

I purchased one piece ... that I promptly returned.   There was a big clearance on the line a while back.  By the way, it was all made in China.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Contributor

Donald Trump's line of men suits and ties are also made in China and Mexico.  Some of his line of mens shirts are made in Bangladesh.  Go figure.  I never cared for Melania's line of jewelry, always looked so gaudy.   But to each his/her own when it comes to preference.

Honored Contributor

I really like Ivanka's kitten heel pumps - I must have 4 pair by now!

Very stylish and comfortable...yes, made in China (which I don't like!)

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think Melania's jewelry line lasted long on the Q. Why she wants to copy Donald's first wife Ivana with a jewelry line was beyond me. Ivana did it first and a lot better and she had a long career selling on home shopping networks long before it became fashionable for celebrities to do so.

As to Ivanka's clothes and shoe line, they are nothing special. I see them all the time at Winners. Her shoe line is made my Marc Fisher and the clothes are made by Li & Fung's Global Brands Group.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This line had a limited run.  It has nothing to do with anything political.  It was winding down well before he threw his hat into the ring.

As for everything being made in China, many times a person puts THEIR NAME on something and that's it.  They have no say in where it gets made.

You just post what you want to based on your personal feeling about one person and make sure you disregard the fact that QVC has had Donald on to sell his book and they were also associated with his show (The Apprentice).

Do what you need to do so it fits your agenda.

Hilarious.

If you want to ride Melania (and Donald) you need to ride QVC and every other retailer out there that sells merchandise that is made overseas.