Honored Contributor

Re: Well, what did you buy yesterday?

@SoX wrote:

@PJinIA wrote:

My weakness is SW jewelry so I caved and grabbed this one this morning too.

"As Is" American West Sterling Silver Petroglyph Gemstone Cuff - J408265

Item number:J408265

"As Is" American West Sterling Silver Petroglyph Gemstone Cuff

Spiny Oyster Average

@PJinIA 

I've had this bracelet for a couple of years, now ... you're gonna love it!

@SoX   @PJinIA    There is a well-known Native American silversmith named Alex Sanchez whose speciality is the use of petroglyphs on his jewelry.  I have quite a bit of his work including this bracelet, which is so heavy I can't bend it even a little.  Google his name; you might like it too.  He's Navajo and exhibits every year at the Santa Fe Indian Market.

20180314_190545.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Nothing from the Q. I did buy a small pair of Ethiopian opal hoops from Colleen's collection on HSN yesterday. I own the medium size already. I love those hoop! The stones are outstanding and beautiful...they glow! These have the secure push-lock closure. 3/4" diameter.

Colleen Lopez Sterling Silver Opal Small Inside-Outside Hoop Earrings

$84 (Smart Deal price now, will be $100 later)

https://www.hsn.com/products/colleen-lopez-sterling-silver-opal-small-inside-outside/20429297

@SilleeMee I remember when you ordered the medium and how happy you were with the quality of the opals.  Does it stay straight on the ear or does it tend to turn sideways?  I have a pair of regular hoops that turn on me.  I would love to order the small.

Esteemed Contributor

My oh my @Kachina624  

Your bracelet is beautiful ...  I mean FABULOUS! 

20180314_190545.jpg

I'm going to google him now ... what an artist!

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Nothing from the Q. I did buy a small pair of Ethiopian opal hoops from Colleen's collection on HSN yesterday. I own the medium size already. I love those hoop! The stones are outstanding and beautiful...they glow! These have the secure push-lock closure. 3/4" diameter.

Colleen Lopez Sterling Silver Opal Small Inside-Outside Hoop Earrings

$84 (Smart Deal price now, will be $100 later)

https://www.hsn.com/products/colleen-lopez-sterling-silver-opal-small-inside-outside/20429297

@SilleeMee I remember when you ordered the medium and how happy you were with the quality of the opals.  Does it stay straight on the ear or does it tend to turn sideways?  I have a pair of regular hoops that turn on me.  I would love to order the small.

@Pecky 

I think these kind of hoops, with the hinged bottom, tend to turn outwards more than the kind with saddle-back closures. That's probably b/c the post is straight rather than curved. But with these bright opals it doesn't seem to matter b/c you can still see the stones when they are turned out a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 @PJinIA 

I have both the spiny oyster and turquoise in this bracelet...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SoX    Thanks, I'm glad you like it.  It was a good investment too as the prices of his jewelry has escalated hugely.  This bracelets has almost tripled in value.

Alex has a nice Facebook site too.  He'll be at the Heard Museum Indian Market in Phoenix this weekend in case you might be in the area.

Our poster @patbz  is also a fan of his.  Maybe she'd post a picture or two of work she owns.  She lives in Az, I wonder if she's going to Phoenix?

By the way, I live about 6 miles from the Petroglyphs National Monument, which is on the Western edge of Albuquerque.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is my BBSD purchase, from my wish list:

JAI 18" box chain necklace 

The bracelet below was purchased on a recent LTS ...

JAI Sterling Silver Oversized Box Chain Cuff, 72.6g - 85.1g - J369911

Valued Contributor

I ordered from my waitlist- these were pieces I have wanted forever but every time I checked they were not on sale or were not in stock!  

• Jai classic box chain 5.3 mm bracelet to go with my fancier one. 
  • Or Paz two-tone spinner ring J396120.  This one is a newer narrower style. I  redid my wedding set so that it is a mixture of gold and white gold so I think this ring will look nice on my right hand.  These days I could use a worry ring!
  • Picked up an Ultrafine silver ring on clearance that I had not seen before (but it's an oldie) J 341409. That one shipped immediately so I am really looking forward to trying it on.

I LOVED that new Jai crane cuff bracelet J406301. Cuff bracelets are my Achilles heel. I did resist for now at least.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

I remember the Petroglyphs National Monument, which was on the guided tour some years back by my long time girlfriend, who lives Albuquerque.  Getting back to New Mexico is on my bucket list.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

2-4719-125_001_800x800.jpg

2-5111-085_001_800x800.jpg

@SharkE, I have both these bracelets along with several other colors. I love them all so much! BUT, I received today, J401483, in the black agate color...been really wanting a black version. I knew that all my other bracelets were the 3/4 inch width and the new one I ordered is 1/2 inch. I thought I would give it a try....but I don't really like it. 😟 I love the black stones but the bracelet overall is just not as impressive. I guess I will return it and hope that Carolyn will make it eventually in the wider width. Just thought I would share my experience.

American West Sterling Silver 5-Stone Rope & Concha Cuff - J401483