Honored Contributor

I've never worn my jewelry at home (cooking, cleaning, chemicals, etc.), with the exception of 2 gold band thumb rings, which belonged to my deceased brother and father.

Those are never removed.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Like others I have mostly just worn earrings everyday so my piercings don't close.

I don't like to get my diamond wedding set dirty so I don't wear it unless I am leaving the house.

Respected Contributor

Some people like to wear their jewelry all the time,  others are more comfortable at home without jewelry.   Wear what you like and what makes you comfortable and happiest.... at home, or anywhere else.

This year I started wearing earrings and a watch when at home.   For a long while,  I didn't wear any jewelry except when I went out.   But I found that my ears,  which have been pierced for decades,  were becoming very sensitive to earrings when I only wore them a few times a week.    So,  I started wearing small gold studs and diamonique studs at home every day.  Now my ears don't complain when I wear larger or heavier earrings,  or silver ones with thicker posts, at times.

Some of my watches are automatics,  meaning the watch needs to be worn or wound to keep the internal mechanism working.   If the watch sits for a long time,  the watch won't work properly.   So,  I've added a watch to my daily jewelry.  I already have them,  why not wear them?  I can only scold myself so many times for thinking it was important to 'collect' watches (among other things).

When I do venture out,  I add more jewelry.... but.... I find that small studs work best with a mask.   And I don't want to lose very valuable ones,  so I stick to plain gold or diamonique studs these days.  BTW,  my original diamonique studs, in 14K, were bought over 30 years ago, and are still perfect.  

And with gloves on,  I leave my rings at home.   I've also read that it's not wise to wear bracelets because they can harbor grems if not thoroughly cleaned as soon as you get home.   

So I'll save my rings and bracelets for social events of the future or to wear at home if the mood strikes.

I try not to let the situation and the changes that it has required add even more stress than already exists.   I find dealing with the pandemic, the fragility of the health care system, and the medical, social and political crisis we are going thru to be more than enough to cope with.  

I'm changing my handbag several times a week so that I can enjoy looking at my collection.   And I use bath and body products that I enjoy and with fragrances that please me.

Life has it's ups and downs.  Things are rarely (if ever) perfect. Of course we should strive for the best.  But  I can't let the frustrations, the actions of others, the sadness, or the problems I have to deal with,   wipe out  any joy that might exist.  That would take away any control I have and give it to others.   No way!

I know I'm fortunate compared to many others who have been so severely affected by recent events.  

I hope everyone can stay safe and look back on this time and say things are better then they were before.

Esteemed Contributor

My wedding rings are always on my left hand and an inherited (also platinum) diamond ring is always on my right hand and my watch.

I've stopped wearing earrings (hoops were my favorites) due to wearings masks, but may change to studs to keep the holes open! (Hadn't considered that a possibility of closing after so many decades. Thanks for the warning.)

No other jewelry because I haven't been dressed up or gone anywhere other than the grocery store, pharmacy, physicians, Ace Hardware, and to pick-up favorite foods . . . none of which required jewelry, but were essential visits. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

because of my arthritis i tend to stay home a lot....no jewelry...no make-up...heck....sometimes no pants!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

because of my arthritis i tend to stay home a lot....no jewelry...no make-up...heck....sometimes no pants!  LOL

Me too! Sometimes even less (no tan lines here)..but ALWAYS earrings! I'd feel naked without them.

Honored Contributor

The only jewelry I have worn since going out for dinner on March 13 is my watch when I leave the house. I do not wear earrings since wearing a mask but do put in a pair of studs occassionally so that my holes don't close up.

Esteemed Contributor

Only the two items I never remove: diamond solitaire pendant and diamond tennis bracelet. Occasionally I will put on a pair of earrings.

Esteemed Contributor

Always earrings and often a short neckkace if i have virtual meetings. Hardly wear rings since working from home.

Honored Contributor

No jewelry since I've been home.  I never wear my diamond around the house for fear of cracking a prong.

When I work Monday,  I will wear my watch under my long sleeve (the store is kept at 69 so you can wear scarves and everything!).  I'll probably wear earrings and a necklace with no metal.