Honored Contributor

Have you been wearing much jewelry at home? 

I have not worn hardly any jewelry other than my wedding set lately. The last time I wore a full set of jewelry was to church on March 15. With nowhere to go for the last few months, I’m not putting on necklaces, bracelets, or other rings right now. (I don’t wear earrings.) I did wear a watch to a doctor’s appointment the other day, but that’s it. 

Trusted Contributor

I have not worn any jewelry at all, not even my wedding set.  I need to put on a pair of earring t make sure my piercing didnt close.

I have been home since March 17 and I'm in NO RUSH To return to the office.  My quality of life is so much better without the 1 1/2 commute each way.  

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

I’ve only been wearing my wedding ring. Occasionally I remember to put on a pair of stud earrings so my holes don’t close. Without thinking I put on a small pair of hoops when going to an appointment, mistake with a mask LOL.

Valued Contributor

In the past - four months ago! - I always wore earrings, necklace and a bracelet on each arm  when I went out -

I wear earrings only now each day, to be sure the holes don't close up -

Esteemed Contributor

No jewelry since March 15th.  I did put my wedding band on to get groceries, but that is it.  I read here that someone had a problem getting their pierced earrings in.  I better give that a try. Woman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Only my wedding ring and my Apple Watch. I haven't worn earrings in ages and my ears never close like some have mentioned on other threads. 

Respected Contributor

Initially, I stopped wearing all jewelry except for my watch.  Then, as it became more depressing to see how we are being dehumanized with the stay-at-home orders (no hair salons for women or men, and areas of stores with "non-essential" items being blocked off to prevent certain purchases, like makeup) and the inability to socialize with our friends and extended family members, I felt it necessary to start wearing my jewelry again.  Wearing it makes me feel just a bit better.  I need to feel human, and I will. No governor of any state is going to stop me from feeling like myself to whatever degree I can help myself to feel more like myself, under the bizarre and unprecedented circumstances we now find ourselves.  I am wearing, and I am rediscovering how much I like wearing, my Jai, Bixby and Ripka jewelry.  I am wearing full makeup every single day, and I am dying my hair, myself, too (something I had already been doing for over a year). 

When it is obvious to others that you care about your appearance, others treat you with greater respect.  At least, that is what I have found.  In this environment, I think others become a little less afraid of you as a potentially infected person, if you look like you have the strength (and therefore, the good health and sense of well being) to take more time with your appearance.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Wearing Jewelry at Home

[ Edited ]

Yes, I make a point to put some jewelry on each day, even though I am home alone.   Today I put on a pretty maxi tank dress, a Diamonique ring, and fixed my hair and makeup. 

Next time I go in the bedroom I will add some earrings.

I just do it for myself...I want to look nice and enjoy the pretty things I have.  And you never know when you will get a video call!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I always wear at least one ring, I have a go to necklace from Emma Skye from hsn its stainless steel two tone so i can wear it with everything, a pair of earrings and a watch if I go out.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing Jewelry at Home

[ Edited ]

What's jewelry... Smiley Very Happy It's been a long time...

I might try a piece or two on just for fun, but no, I don't wear it around my home...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...