Valued Contributor

Her makeup is lighter and looks great with her blond hair/

Trusted Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

as long as she likes it, that's all that counts Smiley Happy

Most women don't get that.  They just can't refrain from making their opinion known.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle.  You don't have to register with Facebook to read the pages of a public figure like Antonella.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

She probably just needed a change. I think she is adorable....light or dark hair.

Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

I think it looks awful, her brunette hair was very pretty!  As a former brunette, but silver gray now, why would she want to go blonde!Smiley Sad

Because she does not want to go gray. It is very difficult to cover gray if you have dark hair and you part your hair, but if you color the gray to blonde the maintenance is easier and you don't have to do it so often.

I had brown hair (not quite as dark as Antonella's) and the color kept getting darker and darker and I was doing it every 3 weeks because the gray roots would show at my part. My natural hair now is a platinum color so my stylist mixes in a honey blond and a light brown. I only do the color every 12 weeks and you don't notice the regrowth. I think if Antonella mixed in a brown tone lighter than her natural color, as well as the blonde, the contrast would be less shocking. I saw her a couple of weeks ago and it was not quite so blonde, but I love Antonella no matter what she does to her hair. It takes awhile to find just the right mixSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Antonella

[ Edited ]

Didn't Valerie B. on ITKWD say she went from dark brunette to blonde because she was tired of the grey showing through so fast?  I am pretty sure that is what I heard.

When we are used to someone being brunette,  a change to blond is quite different.

Women can have their hair any color they want!  Have fun with it, I say!  It is no one else's business what color I pick!

And if someone choses to wear wigs, that also is no one's business. 

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

I think it looks awful, her brunette hair was very pretty!  As a former brunette, but silver gray now, why would she want to go blonde!Smiley Sad

Because she does not want to go gray. It is very difficult to cover gray if you have dark hair and you part your hair, but if you color the gray to blonde the maintenance is easier and you don't have to do it so often.

I had brown hair (not quite as dark as Antonella's) and the color kept getting darker and darker and I was doing it every 3 weeks because the gray roots would show at my part. My natural hair now is a platinum color so my stylist mixes in a honey blond and a light brown. I only do the color every 12 weeks and you don't notice the regrowth. I think if Antonella mixed in a brown tone lighter than her natural color, as well as the blonde, the contrast would be less shocking. I saw her a couple of weeks ago and it was not quite so blonde, but I love Antonella no matter what she does to her hair. It takes awhile to find just the right mixSmiley Happy

Yes a couple of weeks ago it was less startling and i thought really pretty.  Knowing her it will continue to evolve.  My hairdresser too suggested blond for me a couple of years ago when my gray became really obvious on my brunette head.  I said No, it would be too weird for everybody, me included.  So i did the dark low lights for a couple of years and the maintenance was too much for me too.  So i bit the bullet about a year ago and let it go natural. She is a lot younger than i am, trying to compete with the youngsters so i get it.  If i could make a suggestion it would be a much better cut that takes it out of her face and forehead with lots of layers.  Her pretty face would then be the focus, not the hair,

Valued Contributor

Antonella is absolutely lovely however this overly blonde hair does nothing for her. She looks so much better with dark hair. The caramel highlights she had awhile ago looked nice but this current color of very light blonde just does not suit her. I do however hope she's happy with it because that's all that should matter. At the end of the day, it's just hair and I love to watch Antonella regardless. 

Super Contributor

I know it is not my business commenting on her looks but that is what a silly gossip board like this is for  - she does not look good as a blonde - it looks unnatrual and unflattering with her Italian complextion.  I think she looked stunning with dark hair.

Valued Contributor

Antonella is a beautiful BRUNETTE.  Blond hair is not befitting with her beautiful features and I hope she goes back to her natural brunette REAL FAST!!!