Honored Contributor

Watched all gold jewelry on Gem Shopping today

It was typical offerings of gold.  14K, 18K & 22K.  i saw a cuff that weighed 103 grams and made out of solid 22K gold.  The cost was $12,600.00.  The lightest I saw was a 14K earring at 7 grams but cost $650.00.  Even the gold looked different from what you see on QVC and ShopHQ (used to be EVINE) and JTV.  The huge weights in the gold just made the color look much brighter and just....different.  You had to hunt around for the smallest item in order to be able to afford it.   While I watched it, I thought of all the complaints about gold onQVC was on the light gold weight.  Here was the extreme opposite. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Watched all gold jewelry on Gem Shopping today

@songbird  I love to watch Gem Shopping when Sam is on there.  He brings a beautiful collection of vintage and I especially love the Art Deco that he has.  I often like to  compare similar items he has to what I own in my jewelry wardrobe. There is another guy who comes on there from Italy but I have forgotten his name.  Will ask my friend and see if she recalls it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird :  I'm sure they sell plenty of the heavy weight pure stuff as there are many countries that use gold jewelry as wedding diaries or just to show their wealth.  If the World's economies go Coo coo, gold will get pricier and pricier.

Honored Contributor

I like to watch the designers that QVC & others use.  Dallas Prince, Michael Dawkins, etc.  They show up on Gem Shopping with totally different collections. Costly gems surrounded in diamonds and set in Platinum.  They come in with completely different collections.  Solid heavy weight all gold jewelry with some pieces in literally over 100 grams.  Big fat pieces of gold.  Not electroplated, but carved layers of gold.  I remember seeing solid ropes of gold that only men could wear.  They were that heavy.   That heavy 22K cuff was the most amazing bracelet I ever saw in my life.  It must have been about an inch and 1/2 wide.  Maybe more.  And the color........!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@songbird :  I'm sure they sell plenty of the heavy weight pure stuff as there are many countries that use gold jewelry as wedding diaries or just to show their wealth.  If the World's economies go Coo coo, gold will get pricier and pricier.

India is famous for that.  One of our Indian students got married and proudly showed us his wedding video. .  The bride only got gifts of gold.  She was dripping in it.  From head to toe. Nobody gave toasters, LOL!  We were invited of course.  They would have covered our hotel stay (very wealthy family) but not the plane tickets.  The gold mark in Asia is 24K, but for jewelry it's 22K.  Yes, 22K is workable for jewelry, so long as it's heavy.

Honored Contributor

I used to watch frequently, now I have five jewelry channels to watch that I can actually afford.  Some of this stuff would buy a new car.

Honored Contributor

That's the only shopping channel I watch purely for entertainment.  That's "real jewelry".  Every now and then, I click it on.....and dream.

Respected Contributor

Has anyone ordered from Gem Shopping? They have pretty jewelry but I would be afraid if I had to return something it would take forever to get a refund. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Say Nay wrote:

Has anyone ordered from Gem Shopping? They have pretty jewelry but I would be afraid if I had to return something it would take forever to get a refund. 

Greetings, @Say Nay!   I've never ordered from them, but I've seen positive reviews from posters...  @Irshgrl31201 had good things to say about them in the past, and I know she's a discerning, educated, careful shopper.   She hasn't been here for a couple of months...  I miss her and hope she'll be back and might see your question.

What a treat to see your name, to see you here!  I've missed you so much and I was just thinking about you a few days ago.   I hope you and yours are well, my friend.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Hi @dooBdoo!

How wonderful to "hear" from you <3 I'm doing well. Back in school to finish up a Masters program so I haven't had much time to post. It's good seeing some familiar names. Thanks for the info on Gem Shopping. I haven't been buying much from the Q. Other than Adi Paz their jewelry selection seems to have gone downhill. I miss our exchanges on the board. It's always a pleasure to read your posts. Hope all is spectacular with you. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____