Frequent Contributor

Watch Collectors, I need advice!

[ Edited ]

I'm somewhat of a watch junkie, but I don't own a Michele and really want one.  I can get this one with my Verizon points for $718  However, I am petrified that I will find it on the Rue or somewhere else for a better price after I've bought it!

The one I am referring to is a Ladies Deco Two-Tones Diamond Dial Chronograph.  The size is 29mm x 31mm, has .08 ctw diamonds and a MOP dial. Suggested retail $1195 (so it's 39% off) I tried to post a photo and link, but Q won't let me.

Do any of you have one of these? Opinions?  Have you seen this one at a better price?

Honored Contributor

Re: Watch Collectors, I need advice!

I don't have that particular watch but I have about 10 Micheles.  They're nice watches but IMO not worth the exorbitant retail prices.   I find I don't wear mine much.   Have you checked eBay prices on the model you want?   Find the best price you can then relax and enjoy your purchase.   So what if it's a few dollars cheaper somewhere else as long as you're happy with your purchase? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Years ago there was a TJMax near my home that got loads of Michelle watches in stock...several of us on the board noticed the same and bought several....sometimes wish I had jumped on that opportunity (same with Renatos when they were available for purchase).  But I have lots of watches and find all I wear anymore are my apple watches and my priorities have changed in life.  If you really wanted a watch now....I'd just go for it, enjoy it, and forget about it. 

Valued Contributor

I love my Michele petite, two tone, diamond deco. I buy all my Michele bands off Ebay and they are Michele bands. I have a very nice collection of bands that cost around 35.00 a piece.

Trusted Contributor

Okay, I heard this but not sure it is true.  Someone told me to check in the Fossil outlet stores, because Fossil owns that company.  Like I said, not sure if it is true.  I haven't been to the Fossil outlet store near me to check this out.   It may be worth a shot.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can call the outlet to see if they carry the brand.   If they do,  you can ask if they have the style you are interested in buying.

When buying from an outlet, be sure to find out if the merchandise is new or refurbished or customer return or sample.  And check it over carefully.   Also,  find out about the warranty. And understand the return policy too.  These are good questions to ask when ever you are buying a watch,  no matter where.  But it's critical information if you are buying from an outlet,  on the internet, from a sale site, etc.