Respected Contributor

Re: ~Watch Collectors~........December

@jenagal

I think it's a toss up right now between the 2 Tone & the GT, that I just received (not sized yet).  Both have such lovely mop dials & I'm a sucker for a pretty MOP dial!  I wore the royal blue mop dial today, because it matched my outfit.  It's easy to tell the time at a glance with the hands against that dark blue dial, too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well to my surprise the newest ECO Drive arrived today.  The MOP dial is exactly the same ‘AWESOME’ as the TT.  Just the case is YT and the TT has SS as the case.  But it was a pleasure just putting the watch on with no sizing.  The white leather strap is not as thick as my Renato’s and Invicta’s.  But that’s ok.  Not so hard to work with.  Anyway the dial is superb and its another keeper.  So now I’m done.  But what nice watches these Citizen ECO Drives are.  I guess I have Aub to thank for me finding them.  I have my 3 ECO’s lined up where they look at the sun during the day and see the TV light at night.  I may end up storing in a box later, but now they see the light of day.

I hope no one puts these ECO’s on a great sale again, for I surely wouldn’t know what to pick next.  LJ, you missed out on all the action.  Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

I got my GT Eco sized yesterday, so i'm done for a bit, too, Jena!  It's really pretty.  I have 4 of the Corsos on the bracelet, so i think that's enough of that style!  I have a total of 7 Ecos now, 2 of which i've had for awhile, the 4 Corsos, the Modena & the other 2 that I don't know the model name of.  When I had the sizing done yesterday, my jeweler said the power cells in the Ecos usually last at least 15 years, not sure if Citizen can replace the cells when they die or what.  I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

My jeweler changed his battery prices & now charges $25 a pop, so I need to find someplace else to get battery changes done. The sign on the door said the batteries are guaranteed for 2 years, but the ones he charged $10 for usually lasted 2+ yrs.   I haven't done a look-thru lately to see how many deadies I have, but I know I have some.  He still charges $10 for sizing.

Trusted Contributor

Aub, you said 15 years on the power cell...Happily I can go along with that.  I can’t imagine paying $25 to replace batteries either.  Because I do a lot of battery and sizing business with my jeweler, they keep it at $8 a time.  @25$, I’m afraid. I’d be taking dead batteries out and letting the ones I don’t wear...sit.

Citizen sure has the dial MOP down to a science.  Wow.  

LJ, you need a TT, goes with everything and you only need one.  Smiley Wink.

Valued Contributor

Watch Divas  two Tjmaxx in my area have Coach watches that retail from $395 to $295.00  to $149.00 to $100.00. Also a nice selection of Gucci watches ranging from $289 to $599. Retail prices are off the charts. Ross has  large selection of Michael Kors and Coach also.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Gracie.  Did you buy any new watches?

Valued Contributor

No,but the Coach dress watch was calling my name,Monday Tjmaxx takes an extra 10% off for us young senior citizens.!😃

Respected Contributor

Gracie:  extra savings = extra temptation!  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Thx Gracie, I’ll have to do a run over to TJMaxx tomorrow and see what gives.  

Respected Contributor

Well, my misbehaving 2-Tone Citizen Eco Corso was naughty again yesterday.  I have it sitting in the same tray as the others that gets exposed to the same light & are keeping perfect time & I noticed that the errant one said 3:50, while all the rest had the correct time of 11:24.   That's not just a minute or 2 off, it's hours off.   I think I might wait until after the holidays to send it to be fixed (it's not like I don't have any watches to wear!) so it won't get caught in all the holiday rush, both for the jewelry store in NYC where it needs to go for repair & I won't have to brave going to the post office  during the pre-holiday craziness.