Trusted Contributor

Re: Was that the wonderful Michelle Lau from Jtv with Antonella today?

@IMW wrote:

Antonella is a fav of mine, today with Michelle she did something that surprised me. Michelle rightly noted a fluorite ring is fragile and should be put on after makeup, a 4 on the MOHs scale. Antonella talked over her immediately to shut her up, gushing about the great amount of silver protecting the stone. 

I am disappointed in Antonella.

I noticed that too.Antonella really glossed over that real fast.    It is  important to know the hardness of a gemstone before you purchase it.  I have a lot of respect for Michelle for mentioning this and saying how you shoul take care of fluorite since it is soft.  I always check the MOHs scale before purchasing any gems.  It is important and should be mentioned although hosts rarely do.  

Respected Contributor

She did come from JTV and they are all about "domineering."  Sometimes it's a matter of chemistry. Sometimes they have to adjust their presentation style.

I think there is a bit of a difference between being a vendor and being a host. We have to give her  a chance.

I am glad that Michele. Lau ended up somewhere. It's tough to be older and having to get another job--especally in that industry.

I wish her well.

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

She did come from JTV and they are all about "domineering."  Sometimes it's a matter of chemistry. Sometimes they have to adjust their presentation style.

I think there is a bit of a difference between being a vendor and being a host. We have to give her  a chance.

I am glad that Michele. Lau ended up somewhere. It's tough to be older and having to get another job--especally in that industry.

I wish her well.

I have heard hists on all the shopping channels say that Fluorite is very delicate, opals too.  Dan Dennis on HSN used to call these stones, hands at leisure rings