New Contributor

Was that the wonderful Michelle Lau from Jtv with Antonella today?

I always hated to see Michelle leave Jtv but it is always good catching her on television..she remembers her customers even years later and is very great with gemstones and jewelry. She is one of the sweetest ladies and best hosts you will find! I am wandering if she is coming to QVC regular? that would be a perfect addition, she belongs to an upscale sales channel...I am almost 100% it was Michelle Lau, just wandering if anyone else knew for sure?

Honored Contributor

Re: Was that the wonderful Michelle Lau from Jtv with Antonella today?

After listening to her with Jill today, I decided she's rather a bag of hot air.  Jill's much more knowledgable about gemstones.  Jill used a technical term asking Michelle if opal had that trait.  Michelle glossed right over it and changed the subject.  It was obvious she didn't know what Jill was talking about.  She lost me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I remember Michelle from HSN when she was a host.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't judge by one show. I watched this woman for years and she is very, very knowledgable and sweet with a outgoing personality. I liked to see her on the morning shows because she started my morning off more positive with her smile and positive overall personality. You need to watch her do a show by herself not with another host then judge. Again, I watched her for years. What I found really to be very impressive is that years later I would find her on Facebook and she remembered exactly who I was and said she had thought about me from time to time and wandered how I was doing with my cancer, now that was nice especially considering Jtv is not a small network and she had thousands of fans on her FB and that would call in, it at least shows she is genuine and cares about her audience that watches her.

Honored Contributor

Michelle was such a sweetie on HSN, I remember her telling callers who may have had an issue with something that she will try to help them and to leave their number with her producer.

Respected Contributor

There are three new host at QVC from JTV television. I just read a report on that on a different forum I am on.

Honored Contributor

OY! How many threads now-> Michelle Lau? Time will tell if she's worthy of such accolade. Certainly not in one day. Miss Peyton, Luckily enjoyed watching previous recorded videos. Peyton Kelly class personified with his presentation and knowledge. Best wishes Peyton.🙋
Respected Contributor

When Michelle was on Gems TV?, she was not only a host, but sourced material for the network. (She said that while hostiing on JTV.) I am not sure if she is a gemologist, but obviously, they don't just anyone ssource gemstones or rough.

Respected Contributor

Antonella is a fav of mine, today with Michelle she did something that surprised me. Michelle rightly noted a fluorite ring is fragile and should be put on after makeup, a 4 on the MOHs scale. Antonella talked over her immediately to shut her up, gushing about the great amount of silver protecting the stone. 

I am disappointed in Antonella.

Trusted Contributor

I just turned it on with Rick a few minutes ago and saw this blond lady who was talking too much...Guess this is Michelle.  I will not be watching her. I loved Peyton.  She is too domineering IMO.