Contributor

Was on the BGB, now on the fence

Ordered J320339, the 14k clad mabe pearl bypass ring. It's stunning, but there's a lot of Diamonique, which makes it quite dressy and limits possibilities for wearing. Is it worth $200 to have it for the few times I might wear it? Ripkanista sisters, weigh in!
Super Contributor

Re: Was on the BGB, now on the fence

Personally, I don't like the use of diamonique scare me off. This ring looks amazing online. I would get it home & then make a decision. Sometimes if I think a ring is bigger I wear it as my signature piece.

Please let us know what you decide/

Take care, Pepper22

Trusted Contributor

I have many JR pieces, most admittedly ordered several years ago. But I agree, I also don't understand why all of the diamonique - either use a real gem, like white topaz, or nothing. It's just wrong to me to have something fake next to something real. For instance don't make something with an emerald and then put diamonique next to it! I just ordered the cuff with the green calcedony, I've had my eye on it for a long time. It was gorgeous, but I returned it. It was too heavy on my wrist, so I wouldn't wear it often, and I didn't like that it was covered in diamonique. I understand it's done to keep the price down, and we pay for the designer name and the intricacy of the work, but the prices and the overuse of diamonique keep me away more often than not lately.
Super Contributor

That's a tough one. I don't know if I am the most practical person to begin with, but I feel that if you love something, you love it. As far as it being too dressy, is there a way that you think of to dress it down a little? You would be surprised how well a single "dressy" piece of Ripka such as yours can be worn with jeans, a white button down shirt with a simple hoop for a daytime look.

If it was really meant for black tie only, that's a different story. I guess it depends on your lifestyle and wardrobe. Good luck with your decision.

Contributor

I own this in silver and originally thought it was for special occasions. I find myself wearing it on a weekly basis. I am a college professor, but not fancy in any way. Maybe the diamonique is a bit less obvious on the silver, but this is truly one of my favorites! Good luck with this decision.
Esteemed Contributor

I love all of Judith's ring with diamonique. So much, I ordered J320143 in the pink stone. This ring finally went off of waitlist. I wear Judith's rings encrusted with diamonique every day to work. I always get compliments on her rings. Looking forward to getting this ring I waited forever to get off of waitlist from. Good luck with your decision. I saw that ring you ordered and it's a beauty.

Contributor

As I looked at the ring and tried it on (it fits like silk), I realized that even if it's only for special occasions, I'll enjoy wearing it. I still think it's too dressy for work, and retirement looms, but I can certainly wear it when going to the theatre, which I do frequently. [So what if the other theatre patrons are in jeans?] Thanks, sisters, for your input and encouragement!