Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH Collectors.....July 2017

Jena:  I thought the TSV was interesting.   And I liked the green dial.  If it had been priced $40 less,  I would have gone for it.   But it's a trend piece,  and wasn't worth the $ to me where it was listed.  

I did cave last night and bought the subaqua specialty 40mm in SS on a white strap.  Decent specs, although it has a Japanese quartz movement.  At the discounted price,  I decided it was worth it to get that watch design into my collection. I'm not sure the low end Swiss movements are any better.   I've had a number of ETA G15 movements fail.

Of course I didn't need another watch.   But it doesn't seem to stop me from buying more watches,  or more handbags. Smiley Happy

I have a constant collection of watches that need new batteries.   When I return from the jeweler and put the watches away,  I find more that need batteries.  Ongoing maintenance is an issue with a watch collection;   with handbags, it's storage space.

Regular Contributor

LavJ I found your watch.  I was seriously looking at it and it sold out when I put it in my cart.  Good price but the watch is very good looking.  I love the white croco strap with the SS.  Makes a great look.  It would have been better with a plain dial, I don't like chrono's, I just put up with them.  Oh well, I was saved some $$$ tonite.  Enjoy your watch. 

Respected Contributor

Well, they got me!  I ordered 644-185 in the 32mm size on the black strap.  I've always wanted a plain old fashioned style Mickey Mouse watch & could never find one that just had the vintage looking Mickey on the dial, so I think this will fill the bill.  I pondered getting the 43mm size, but decided on the smaller one instead.  It looks like it will be easy to read, too.

Respected Contributor

aubnwa:  in the end,  they get us all.  The more time we watch,  or just check to see will be shown,  the greater the risk that we will buy something.  Smiley Happy   Enjoy your new watch.

I don't think we will ever be sorry owning the classic watches.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  check your email.  LJ

Respected Contributor

Heads up:  Meteorite dial, SAN I, 38 or 47mm,  silicone strap is a once only tonight (Sunday) for under $300.  Limited edition, Swiss quartz movement, watch assembled  in China.  Good price for the meteorite dial.  Lucky I don't care for that type of strap.   But it's a striking watch to look at.

Regular Contributor

I was seriously thinking I would give that white silicone meteorite a try but it sold out.  The shipping being $14.95 and then if it had to be returned ....cost unbelievable.  Those days are over.  I used to pay for a look see but $30 is too much.  If they'd throw in a free shipping day to card holders, I'd give it a try at this price.  Oh well......thx for the enabling LJ,  I don't need it but I wouldn't have anything like it now.  I'm wondering if this meteorite is as good as the old that was offered.  I bet not.  A gray dial with a few marking is probably today's meteorite.  I don't know.  The video or pic doesn't answer my questions.  

Regular Contributor

"I've been watching to see if that white meteorite became available and nothing.  It would now have to be a return.  I just happened to look at my wrist and the pink sili watch I'm wearing today is this exact watch.  634-928.  Which I bought for less than $200.  It is exactly the same watch.  It was offered in pink or white.  For $163.  So I decided I don't want to pay the extra for meteorite.  But I sure love it in the video.  I'll have to wait and see if I ever catch it available and decide again what to do.  I really don't need it.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Jena:  glad you are enjoying your watch.  It's good to hear that the design is a winner.

Respected Contributor

The Specialty Subaqua 644198 arrived today and it's a beauty.  The mop dial is very vibrant and the combination of textures on the goldtone bezel and case add a lot of visual interest.  The sandblasted finish areas glitter and are rough to the touch.  Hopefully the outer bezel won't snag on clothing.   All in all,  I'm very pleased with the watch.  It has a Japanese movement but the overall design choices look better to me than the earlier high polished version with the Swiss movement.  644198