Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS SEPTEMBER 2019

Hello all!

A warm welcome to the September watch collectors' thread. It seems that the summer has flown on wings, with fall fast approaching. 

Time to put away those white watches (Ok, for those of us in colder climates) and reach for pieces in fall colors.

Ok, watch ladies: what's your favorite "fall" watch?

Honored Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS SEPTEMBER 2019

My newest piece:  I have a couple white but I didn't wear them at all this summer.

Image result for michael kors peacock watch

Respected Contributor

lmtep:  that's a sharp looking watch.  I love the dial.  Welcome to the Watch Collectors Thread.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Imtep, welcome to the thread and by the way I love the colors on the dial of your Michael Kors watch.  A real nice looking piece.

My WOTD is my avatar.

1D0444EF-81CB-45FD-9875-408F04C41D4F.jpegIt’s an automatic and needs some time out winding itself.  It has a pitch black dial but looks brown here.  Lucien Piccard, I think is the make.  It doesn’t spell out the name on the back side, but it says sapphire crystal, Swiss made. Rubies decorating the dial and I love it.  

Thx for starting the thread, Java. 

LJ, good to see you

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Hi Jena.  I love those Lucien Picard Automatic watches with the gemstone inner bezels.  The ruby and black mop was a rare combination.  I haven't been giving my LP ceramics any love this summer.... my bad.  I need to start wearing some of them along with some of my Renato automatics.  I haven't been winding them regularly either.

Yesterday I wore a white ceramic (quartz) watch with black bezel and white mop dial.  Perfect accent to my black and white stripped T shirt and black jeans.   A red MK handbag finished the outfit along with bold silver jewelry.  I just love it when everything comes together perfectly.  One of life's tiny pleasures to help balance out the other stuff we have to deal with.

Now I need to find a watch to finish my outfit for today.  Lavender slacks,  pale yellow T (or lavender T),  brown Dooney handbag (my nod to fall).  I'm thinking a gold bracelet watch (the Renato with the creamy mop dial) or maybe the ivory ceramic Karamica (but that has silver accents).  The brown dial GT Renato diamond bezel watch would work well also.  None of these watches are automatics.   I'll have to scan the automatics to see if there is a perfect watch hiding there too.   I know I must have a prodiver (Invicta) in goldtone with a brown dial.   Decisions, decisions, decisions.  What fun!  After I pick the watch I can assemble the rest of the jewelry.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

LavJ, funny but many times after I pick out a watch, then I have to dress accordingly.  The watch starts it all.  

I haven’t gotten into my collection very far because it gets depressing.  If I decide on one I see, its dead.  My collection is getting narrowed down, because of that.  I must go through them and started changing out the deadlines with my jeweler.  I bet they thought I moved on.  When I call for an appointment, I will understand if they don’t answer.  Lol.  I always wait, i never let them do at their leisure and who’s ever free gets to play with them.  Nope.  Too much $$ in them for that.  The owners are great, its the help I don’t want messing with them. 

Because its blue jeans weather here, I’m back to my blue dial Citizens ECO Drive.  Love that watch. 5D3C66DF-2256-461A-A1D6-5E2CFF1239BA.jpeg

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena:  I have to go thru my watches and get some batteries changed too.  Just collecting them and making a list is a days work.  Smiley Happy   Tomorrows watch of the day is a silvertone Renato automatic,  white mop dial,  blue sapphire hour markers and numeral 8.  

I just saw an email about the ' I' warehouse sale.  One watch is tempting me... Swiss movement, big discount,  mop dial, under $300.  I don't need another watch.  Diamond bezel is not enough to impress me,  given the specs. 

Respected Contributor

@jenagal  I also reach for my royal blue dial Citizen Corso a lot.  I love it, too.  I wear jeans most of the time & also have a lot of other items of blue clothing & blue sandals (I live in the desert), so it's an easy grab & go for me with that one.  I wore my 2 tone Corso today, though.  I also have a GT & a ST Corso.  These watches are in my "sweet spot" case size-wise.

I finally broke down & bought that ST Citizen Modena when I found a good sale price on it from Jomashop.  I need to go get it sized now.  I wanted to make sure it would keep running after the issues I had with the 2 tone Corso that ended up with the seller just sending me a new watch after they couldn't repair the 1st one.