Regular Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS. . .. . SEPTEMBER 2017

Yes LavJ those TM's are as special as our Renatos.  We can go shopping in our own place.  No credit cards needed. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I made it through Harvey just fine, albeit with some nervous hours during all those tornado warnings. Many of my neighbors were not so lucky, unfortunately.

I hope none of you were affected by Harvey or Irma. I'm really tired of these storm worries. Jose, Jose, GO AWAY!!

I did order one watch lately. Evine had the Invicta Lotus on sale again for about $80 and I decided to go ahead and get the GT. What can I say--when I like something, I really like it! No, I didn't need it, but what the heck.

Respected Contributor

aprimo:   I'm glad you made it thru Harvey without a problem.  I saw the Lotus on sale and thought of you.  I remembered how much you liked yours and was tempted.  but I had just finished a battery check and had a bag of over 2 dozen watches to take in for battery replacement.   That usually helps cure the desire for another watch,  at least temporarily.  

Enjoy your new Lotus.  When I find a watch I like  I often buy multiple iterations (dial color,  metal color, etc).  And that is why I have so many watches.  I do the same thing with handbags.  If I love it,  I want more of it.  Very hard habit to curb. Smiley Happy   Just doing our part for the economy.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies.... I think I may have found a real rarity, a quality watch made in the USA.  I ran across this watch some time ago at Hautelook or Rue LaLa but when I went back the next day with the thought of maybe buying it, it was gone. Now it has reappeared and here's what they say about the watch and the brand:

• Shinola women's watch from the Runwell Collection.
  • 38mm stainless steel round case with coin-edge bezel.
  • 18mm tan Beaumont leather strap with buckle closure.
  • Signature case back plate with laser-etched serial number.
  • Blue dial with Arabic numeral time markers.
  • Double curved sapphire crystal; Super-LumiNova™ hands.
  • Detroit-built Argonite 713.2 quartz movement.
  • Screw-down crown.
  • Water resistant to 5 ATM.
  • Assembled in USA of Swiss and imported materials.

About Shinola® Watches & Accessories:
A Detroit-based company dedicated to bringing world-class American manufacturing jobs back to this country, Shinola believes that products should be well made and built to last. The Shinola line offers versatile and modern men's and women's watches in classic styles. Signature styles include The Runwell, The Birdy, The Brakeman, The Gomelsky and The Canfield. Each watch is hand-assembled in Detroit from the finest Swiss and other imported parts. Leather accessories—including card holders, belts, phone cases, and more—round out the line.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Heres a picture of the watch I'm considering, turquoise of course. 

Screenshot_20170921-184458.jpg

Respected Contributor

Kachina:  pretty turquoise dial.  I like the things I read about that company too.  

Today I wore a SAN I GT with an abalone dial.... needed to coordinate green slacks with a navy blue top.  Smiley Happy  When I took the watch out of the box to put it on I thought..... wow,  this is too heavy to wear.   But after just a very few minutes,  I forgot I even had it on my wrist.

Lifting a box of 10 heavy watches is like weight lifting.

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie  I also have a SAN with the abalone dial and everytime I get it out to wear it I think the same thing.  It's a striking looking watch and I wear it often. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi gals.  

Kachina.  I like that turquoise.  Have you caved yet?

I've been after an Inv. Meteorite forever and I pulled the trigger last night because after a 77% sale, they also offered another 15% off if paid for by their card.  642-534.

Down to $309.33 but the 15% off brings it down to $262.93.  Not bad for a meteorite, but the reviews state that nowhere does it indicate on the watch that it is, not does the paperwork say that it is Meteorite.  Hmmmmm.  Still the reviews are good on it.  I wanted to see a meteorite in person, just once.  But I cancelled last night because it's not an automatic.  I am so tired of battery changes that I swore only automatics from now on.  So here I sit.  The 15% is still on today and it's not a bad looking watch.  I know LJ won't buy it. I don't mind sili straps if they are black.  Anyone have this watch?  Does it really look like it's worth the extra $$$??

Respected Contributor

Jena:  you know me well.  Regarding that meteorite dial watch..... yes,  I think it's a very good price and if you want a meteorite dial,  I'd say go for it.   True,  the movement is a quartz, not an automatic.   But it's a Swiss made movement... for what ever value there is in that in the lower end Swiss movements.  And,  if nothing else,  the meteorite dial is interesting and different.  It may or may not have an 'value',  but as watch collectors we are always on the hunt for something different than what we already have.

I've often been tempted by all the sales hype regarding the meteorite dials.   Then I remember,  I bought one years ago, a SAN I in GT with a diamond bezel and a meteorite dial.  So, I don't need another one.   The last time I wore my watch a gas station attendant practically drooled all over it.  Made me nervous about where I can wear that watch.  But I don't think it was the dial that he was lusting after,  and it certainly wasn't me.  It was the big goldtone bracelet and glitter of tiny diamonds.  A sili strap might be much safer.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Lav J, not only did I Take your advice and buy the meteorite but since I could get an additional $33. off the SS blk MOP S Coifman AUTOMATIC .....whahoo.  Now I hope I can send one of them back.  That's what happens when I can get 15% off.  Can't pass up a deal.  You have both colors in the S   Coifman.  I passed on this one before because it just doesn't push my buttons but I'm thinking in person maybe it will.  Anyway I love the size and the clean dial and it's an automatic too.  Are you happy you got both and do you wear them??????

Kachina, did you get your tourqoise dial?