Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS. . .. . SEPTEMBER 2017

Hello all!

It's September 1 and time for a new thread.

A very warm welcome to watch enthusiasts.    We invite you to share about a recent purchase or (maybe one you're thinking about purchasing.) 

Or any watch-related topic. Of course, if you'd like to drop in and say "Hi," that 's great.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS. . .. . SEPTEMBER 2017

Java: thanks for starting the new thread.

Hope all our watch lovers in Texas are ok.
Respected Contributor

Good morning, all

TGIF!

Since this is a Q forum, I thought I would start off by discussing a model featured here.

Last night I was looking at the picture of the model withthe TSV on Q's website and I was trying to figure out which watch she happened to wearing. 

Like the silhouette. 

Then I came across J348442, the Judith Ripka gold and diamond watch. What a beautiful dial. I must have been under a rock. At $2K plus, it's not cheap. It is gold and it has a lovely, classic design.  It has a Swiss movement. When was the last time I used that term to refer to a Ripka watch?  They went to Swiss Parts and then Japanese movements a long time ago.  My days of buying $$$ watches are long past. Still, for Ripka fans who were waiting for a Ripka piece with diamonds and gold, this could be the one.

Respected Contributor

Youre' welcome. I just added remarks on the Judith Ripka diamond and gold watch. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

All day I have been working and at the back of my mind I am thinking of the storm victims in Texas. I had posted about this on the August thread Thinking about our friends in Texas and hoping they are OK.

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone.  I keep checking in here to see who is buying what.  It's been quiet here and  thereby no enabling. Lol.  I haven't been watching any shows either so I don't have much to say.  

Also I've been caught up in this hurricane situation and it's really a bummer.  Now Florida is about to get the worst hurricane to be out in their waters.  I think Eyal has his Invicta mfg factory down there on the southern coast, doesn't he?  He has a ship anchored down there also.  What a mess, this is in Texas and holding our breath about Florida.  I hope Irma turns back out to sea and doesn't hit the east coast.  Could we be so lucky?

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I think many of us are focused on the hurricane... the one just past and the one in progress. I know that I am too.   Maybe it's because they are both so powerful and destructive and hitting so close to home.  I know people in Houston and also have many friends who live in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Fl.  area.

And you are right,  Eyal has his company HQ in Florida, along with a major warehouse,  etc.  And he lives in Florida too.  I think that Wing Liang also lives in Southern Florida and his company is located there also.

Nothing on the recent watch shows has even peaked my interest.   That's a good thing.  Now I'm searching for the paperwork on a white strap SAN III I bought some time ago.... it's losing hours a day, and I've already had the battery changed twice in the last month.  If it's still under warranty I have to decide if it's worth the $$ to repair it.... between the cost of sending it back and the S&H fee, I'm not sure yet.   Of course,  with the hurrican brewing,  this is not a good time to send in a watch for repair.   It could take them months to get their facilities back operating.

My watch will be the least of their concerns.

Hope all our watch collectors are safe.

Frequent Contributor

Just popping in to say I hope any watch collectors who are/were in the path of Harvey or Irma are safe and doing ok. This Irma is going to be devastating to Florida, just as Harvey was to Texas. Also the people out west enduring those fires. And the earthquake in Mexico. One wonders what is happening here on our planet!

Stay safe everyone.

Respected Contributor

Any watch collectors on social media sites, please keep us informed it you see information about some of the popular watch companies and how they are doing after Irma.  Southern Florida is home to many of the watch companies and the people we see representing them on TV.  Thanks.

Hope everyone is safe.

Respected Contributor

An oldie but a treasure.... wore my Technomarine NeoClassic,  black ceramic and SS with the diamond bezel.  Wow did those diamonds sparkle in the sunlight when I was driving.  Amazingly beautiful.  It's nice to get reacquinted with this beauty.

Jena,  I know you have one of these TM watches.  And so do some of our other watch collectors.