Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS --SEPTEMBER 2015

Java:  the 10 slot box is 14" X 8.5" x 4.5".

And it's not too heavy.

Trusted Contributor

@jenagal wrote:

Looking at this ladies 38mm ST abalone watch, it would be perfect if......the bezel were smaller...the rims around the subdials were smaller and then there would be more room for the AWESOME ABALONE. Geez, the guys have the perfect one. They have the date window also. What are we, chopped liver??? I know, I know...there is only so much room with the 38mm. To me the perfect watch is one without subdials, with date window, then no need for more than one stem on the side. The large sweeping hand would then be the second hand and not stuck there in place and never used. That watch is on my wish list. Smiley Wink

I feel your frustration. I don't mind the subdials sometimes. But in this case, I think a cleaner dial to show off the abalone would have been better. I would have been happy if it were a little larger--at least 40mm, maybe as big as 42mm. The proportions seem a little different on the 38mm than on the 47mm; it appears that the width of the band and lugs is bigger in comparison to the case width on the 38mm version.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, I hope you have  all had a great summer. We are parched here in Northern Cal , waiting for that wonderful rain to come . Sigh ! My twin toddlers haven't seen rain since they were born . Anyway enough about that. I have been reading all your wonderful watch posts and am really intrigued by the Abalone SAN1 watch. I had no intention of even looking but after reading all your posts I took a peek and it looks beautiful. Congratulations to all that got theirs , enjoy that lovely watch. I think I may spring for the GT version but the width ( don't normally like anything over 12mm ,although I have made one or two exceptions) and weight of the watch are holding me back. Can anyone comment on how it looks on a small wrist ? Will the weight be bothersome at the end of a long day ? Appreciate any comments/ Anisha 

Trusted Contributor

Hi Anisha. In answer to your question on how it looks on a small wrist? I have a 5.75" wrist and I don't think it looks large on me at all. Once I get it sized, I'll know more about the weight. Taking about 5 or 6 links out of this bracelet, will lighten it up tremendously. Nice seeing you here.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

anisha:  welcome back.  I can't address the small wrist size question.  The SAN I does have a wide bracelet,  but if you have it sized properly,  then think of it like a wide gold cuff bracelet.  Also, the design of the lugs allows the bracelet to conform nicely to the wrist.

If you decide to get the watch,  remember it's the TTV starting Sat night at 10 pm EDT.  The price will be much lower than it is now so be sure to take advantage of it if you want it.  They did a preview earlier in the week,  and the quantity on the GT limited edition is low to begin with,  so order as soon as the TTV price is active.

Respected Contributor

I typed and typed and then it went poof! But it was Autosaved so . . .

Thanks, LavJ. I will be able to manage that. Might be easier than a "dive case." Just carrying that around. I was so embarassed that I carried them around in large shopping bags. LOL. Who would walk around with one?

Thanks.

The thing about the SANI was that it was a first generation and at the time, Invicta was creating 37mm and 38mm timepieces for women. In 2006, that was kind of large.  For women it was intended as a Reserve piece. So there's only so much that they could with it.  You may not know this, but there was once a 43mm SANI. That I didn't know. Someone took pictures of theirs. The 47mm in this watch phenomenal and some women could pull it off. If you're tall with a larger bone structure, etc, it could be done. It doesn't look bad because of the donut shaped case.

Anisha..

Great to hear from you. Of course, I haven't taken possession of my SANI yet. We have to see. My wrist is in the 6 inch range and I do wear larger watches. Jena has also a smaller wrist==.  Sadly, I don't think I will be making it to the PO before they air the watch. If you size a heavy watch properly, it  helps a lot with balance. If you see Kendy with the watch, she has a 6 inch wrist also. You know a lot also depends on length of your hands and your arms. A 38mm is large--but not enormous. Check out the picture of the 42mm SANV on my wrist. It's pretty thick and I have a 6 inch wrist and small hands. That one is 17mm. Check back at the August thread.

The SANI is probably the same in thickness as the Grand Diver.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I checked my Value Pay schedule on evine's site & the credit was made just fine, but I still don't understand why they never bothered to at least send me an email to tell me.  They changed it so the 1st VP isn't due until Nov for some reason.  Glad I seldom need to deal with their CS.  All I really wanted was some official confirmation from them.

I think once the SAN I is sized, it won't feel any heavier than any other watch. 

Respected Contributor

I was just trying to figure out how many links I would need taken out of the SAN I and I discovered that just like the older version,  the new 38mm SAN I has HALF LINKS!  There are 2 half links, one on each side of the bracelet.   That should make it much easier for a lot of us to get a better fit.  Woman Happy

anisha:  if you get the SAN I remember Jena's rubber bank trick.  Because she has a very small wrist she uses a rubber band to hold some of the links together so that she can try the watch on and see how it will fit once it's sized.   It's not a perfect solution, but I think it's a brilliant one.  It lets you 'wear' the watch, at least around the house, so you can make a more informed decision. 

Respected Contributor

aubnwa:  glad your credit came thru.  You might get a confirmation of that next week,  or not.  Follow-up on their part sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good point LJ.  Thats the way I'm wearing the SAN I now.  I put the watch on, with bracelet all wrapped in plastic still and rubber band the excess around and around till snug.  Then looking at your wrist it looks like it is sized and you can get the feel for when it is.  Yesterday I was on the fence about keeping mine till I did that.  Java and LJ, did I read here that these links were going to be different?  Pins and collars??    If so maybe I will let my jeweler do it.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY