Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS --SEPTEMBER 2015

[ Edited ]

Hey all!

It's September 1 and you know what that means! Time for a new thread

The summer's just about gone. Where did the summer go?

We welcome all who love watches to join our thread! If you have question about a watch, just ask and we will be happy to help.  If we don't know an answer, we'll find it and we'll be learning right along with you.

Or maybe you want to drop in and say hi and tell us about a new watch Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: W\ATCH COLLECTORS --SEPTEMBER 2015

Java: thanks for starting the new thread.

For those who love the Lady Zeus,  last night they presented a poly strap version at a special bargain price of $229.  White or black strap, multiple metal options, 632823.

That's a very good price for a Swiss made LZ with a Ronda 5040D movement. 

Respected Contributor

Re: W\ATCH COLLECTORS --SEPTEMBER 2015

Jazzy:  great to hear from you.  Hope you are having a wonderful time on your vacation.  Sorry you missed the presentation on the SAN I Abalone dial.  If you can't convince them to give you the price,  then be sure to order it when it becomes available at the TTV price again.... 9/5 at 10pm EDT and 9/6, until sell out.  The earlier the better as the womens models are a small quantity edition.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS --SEPTEMBER 2015

[ Edited ]

Good morning, all.

I fixed the thread title yesterday. What are your thoughts on the wood bezel TTV?

It's not grabbing me. I always wondered if those things would get scuffs like furniture.

Since this a QVC forum, every so often I like to mention a product here. One of my picks is this  Isaac Mirahzi watch. It doesn't have water resistance (look at the price), but other types of watches like this haven't had this design.  Very simple and easy to read. Easy to swap out straps.  This is not an "investment piece," just a way to have a little fun with your watch wardrobe.

Isaac Mizrahi Live! Interchangeable Leather Strap Watch

Respected Contributor

Java:  the TTV doesn't excite me.   Other vendors have or have had all wood watches.  This one doesn't call to me... but maybe I have so many watches that it needs to be really great to get me to buy.... both the insides and the outsides need to pass the bar.

On a brighter note,  my Abalone SAN I has shipped and I'm supposed to get it by Friday.  Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's the same with me. Don't know if I will have time to go and get it. Monday is Labor Day. I might have to wait a few days. It could be that I will like the SANV better. That one I knew immediately when I saw it.  Good luck with the abelone! Hope you get a good dial.

One more thing: it's a good sign that you're picky. In the early days, I often picked up things because they were a bargain. LOL. Of course, the watches were of better quality then.

Invicta has made wooden watches before. You can't compare them with a WeWood watch.IWG's were of better quality. However, they were men's. I am sure there those out there who love it. Hope they enjoy it.

Trusted Contributor

The TTV doesn't do much for me either--thank god! I can't buy any more watches... but that doesn't mean I won't. Woman Embarassed

Java, I too wondered if the wood bezel would scuff or scratch like furniture. I would think the bezel is the place most likely (other than the crystal) to get dinged. Did they say what kind of wood it is? I would hope it's a very hard wood, for durability.

Respected Contributor

Kendy was like "don't worry about it. Trees are in the rain all the time." They're only selling for 89 bucks. That means they probably made them for 30?  You get what you pay for.

Remember the white bezels on the women's Ocean Reefs?. Horrible.. Not all design choices are inspired.

Trusted Contributor

The wood watch didn't interest me one bit.  I feel down the road the wood would dry out and flake off.  Anyway money saved for me.  Was hoo.  Tomorrow my SAN I and SAN V are going to my post office unless because there are two packages UPS will just deliver to me instead.  Fingers crossed.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Honored Contributor

Do any of you have a Philip Stein watch?  I got one a couple of years ago with the dual time zone dial.  It is up there with my favorite half dozen or so watches.  You buy the straps separately and even on sale at Rue LaLa, they're expensive but beautiful.  I discovered that my old friend at Clockworksynergy on eBay has a functional leather strap with quick change pins made just for these watches for $15.  I've always enjoyed changing my straps.

I have a wood watch and it looks so big and clunky that I've never sized or worn it.  Should have sent it back.  It's just a gimmick because wood is not a suitable material for a watch.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment