Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---SEPTEMBER 2014

Java: that's a great price. You have a talent for finding these treasures. I couldn't resist... I bought the orange strap. But it was hard to choose between the orange and the pink.

Respected Contributor

Jena: where do you stand on the Renato you need to send in for repairs?

Trusted Contributor

LJ, I see that there are only 2 of the orange straps left. So you bit the dust. I'm sitting here wearing the yellow, trying to decide if I really want another one. I haven't even called R , so I don't know a thing. But I guess I better get on it. Ok, I want to know what do you and Terry think is so special about that JT watch?
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena: the JT SAN III has a beautiful dial. I also like the multiple textures on the bracelet. And I like the SAN III design overall, even tho the case is large for me. In this particular watch, I think the JT version is a few levels better than the regular version.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, I must first admit to being a lurker on your lovely watch thread. I so enjoy reading about the watches that you all are buying and discussing- it's my late night reading after all my chores are done and my twins are asleep. I have learnt a thing or two about watches and I am thankful. It's also hard to resist some watches after reading the posts here ! You are all great enablers !! Must say a special thank you to Java Queen for posting about the Renato's on the leather strap. I always wanted them and just couldn't resist them at the price. The orange and the pink are coming home to me , two of my favorite colors. The value pays helped. Will post back once I receive them. If anyone got these recently or owns them, please post your thoughts back here. I do appreciate it.
Trusted Contributor

Anisha, I'm glad you surfaced....welcome. I admit sometimes I get to rambling on here and then I disappear for awhile. I'm desparately trying to gear down, for there is a time when enuf is enuf...lol. I have the green and the yellow and I've been wearing the yellow for two days now. I must say, after you posted I may just go for the orange and maybe the pink too. After all I could buy 4 of them for the price I paid for just one way back. Makes me ill. Smiley Sad( I admit I love the look and while there are plenty of the pink left, there were only 2 orange earlier this AM. I'll have to go see what I decide on. Anyway good to hear from you. ....................ETA: Of course BEFORE they had sapphire crystals, I assume I paid extra for that. The high grade diamonds which may not or may be the same. ?? My yellow says 12/99. If they are now sapphire coated crystals and sapphire before, where does this 12/99 come in? Another production of 99 with sapphire coated or they are still sapphire but SH only added the sapphire coated to cover themselves. Did the quality of the diamonds change? Were very high grade before. Many questions but for $139 it is sure worth it. I think I'll grab the orange. Smiley Happy)
Respected Contributor

Hi Anisha!

Good to hear from you! You're most welcome. Good to know that my little posts help someone. Hope you love the watches. Looking forward to your report! Smiley Happy

Ms. Jena:

You have heard me on the subject of Renatos. Sadly, I think there is a difference between the "old" and the "new." In any event, the newer versions are still quite nice for the money.

$139 at retail just doesn't get you much anymore. They didn't make too many. When they were $250 plus, I didn't go near them for very good reasons. So I just you keep it mind. If you love it, you love it. Besides, when you are likely to see any more coming out?

Trusted Contributor

Java, how about the ltd qty #'s. If I own #12 of 99?? Wouldn't you think the first batch HAD sapp. Cry.?? (we were told they were) the later did not. So where is the cut off on this 99 qty? I think all of the 99 on each color are the orig. group and do have the better specs. Then SH dumbed down the specs to cover their .....well!! I'm thinking these remaining are a great deal for they are also getting the sparkly diamonds that Renato is famous for. Java, what do you think? LJ, you and I have gone around about this before. ??
Respected Contributor

anisha: welcome to our watch collectors thread. We are happy to have someone new posting. Tomorrow is Oct 1 and we start a new thread each month.... so be sure to look for the Watch Collectors Oct 2014 thread.

I have many Renato watches, but I don't own this 40mm model Wildebeast. Well, I didn't own one until yesterday when I ordered the orange. And I was very tempted to get the pink too. The 'problem' with my Renato collection is that I have many different color variations of the same styles... guess that tells you how much I liked them.

Jena: if the Renato model # is the same, then my guess is that they didn't produce the entire amount the first time around, or they made them but didn't release them. But if the model # is different, there could be slight differences in the design/components and that justifies a new series of production #s. Also, some watches were limited production and some were limited edition. Limited production meant a small # were made, but they reserved the right to expand the production in later years.

I'm glad you like your yellow and green ones. I would have liked to get the blue one... at the current price.

Trusted Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}LJ, since I own two orange leather strapped Wilde Beasts, I am pondering why I need another. But I am. This Beauty is listed as an edition, doesn't even say limited now, that I can see. I noticed the Color Grade is listed as H-I, and I thought it was 'E' before. I could be wrong. Anyway I wish the orange would sell out and get me off the hook. Smiley Happy). I have a pink leather strapped 'pave' R dial so that eliminates another pink leather.

ETA: The orange sold out and it's my fault. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}...because I bought the last one.