Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS....OCTOBER 2019

Hello, watch enthusiasts!

It's October 2....and the thread is a bit overdue. We welcome all those who love watches.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....OCTOBER 2019

Hi Java.  Thanks for starting our October thread.

Occasional Contributor

A big fan is here.. I have pretty decent collection of watches and recently I have been gifted Swraovski watch on my anniversary and it's Beauuuuuuuuuutiful!

Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies.

Sorry I've been away so long. I'm still dealing with the eye issue. I've been on oral steroids since April, with all the side effects. I finally got the dose down and the eyes flared up, so they increased them some. I'm now on Cellcept, a drug used in transplant patients and autoimmune conditions. Kind of scary to suppress the immune system. Hopefully this will do the trick. I'd really like to get my cataract operated on, as I can't see that well and don't drive after dark anymore.

Nothing new on the watch front for me. I may try to sell a few on the Bay when I get back.

I'm off on a Panama Canal cruise for 3 weeks on Nov 2nd. Trying to decide what watch to take. Probably an automatic and nothing flashy (have to be careful in Mexico), in addition to my Apple watch.

I hope all are doing well!

Respected Contributor

Jazzy:  have a great trip.  an automatic is a good choice ffor travel.   I'd pick something all stainless,  with no bling at all.  Something classic and low key that wouldn't attract attention.

Good luck with your eye issues.   Hope the latest meds resolve the problem.  And be sure to stabilize before doing any eye surgery.   After cateract surgery there are more meds to deal with,  multiple drops,  several times a day for several weeks.  They don't tell you about that in advance.

Also,  my friends have discovered that underlying eye issues can cause problems after cateract surgery.  Another unwelcome surprise they have had to deal with.

And those star bursts around lights at night.... for some people they get worse!

Frequent Contributor

Hi LJ. Thanks. I'll probably take an Invicta prodiver automatic.

I had the left cataract done back in March as it was the quietest one with the condition. So I know all the drops, and I had even more as the surgery could flare up the iritis. I think at one point I was putting drops in 8 times a day! I hope the star bursts don't get worse. That's one reason I try not to drive at night now.

Respected Contributor

Jazzy:  have a great trip.  You need some fun times to distract from all the eye issues.   Sounds like you have things well under control.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Watch Lovers.

Can't believe its October already and I hate what's coming.  

Have yourself a great time Jazzy, I'm hoping your eye troubles will let you have a good time.  Getting away from home and doing fun things, will help with putting up with your eye problems till you can get rid of them.  Hopefully you do.  

My everyday go to watch anymore seems to be the Invicta Automatic.  ProDiver?  It doesn't say anywhere on it that it is but I love it.  It's so dark blue that it looks black.

0CEB194F-BAC2-4815-A411-C07016EAC213.jpegLove those automatics, or ECO Drives on the Citizens.  Just don't want to put up with batteries any longer.  It seems if I do decide to wear something different, I go find it and the battery is dead. I have a serious dead battery problem here.  

Thx for starting our thread, Java.  Good seeing you here, LJ.  

Whatever became of our Aub??

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Hi Jena.

I'm trying to wear different watches each day.  It's helping me appreciate the collection I have and feel less guilty about all that I have accumulated.   And yes,  battery maintenance is an issue. My pro diver automatics and my Renato Beauty collection are my favorite watches to reach for.  Together they cover every situation.

It helps to wear what I own so I can look away when I see another watch temptation.  And those Renato diamond watches put most of what's shown today in perspective!!!

I seem to be happiest in the 34-38mm size watches.   The larger and heavier ones are becoming more difficult

to wear.   We have been here before and I need to build up some muscle so I can carry around those 42mm watches that are 6oz or heavier..... It's like a can of tuna on my wrist!  Smiley Wink  Just lifting the watch boxes is a workout.

Trusted Contributor

LavJ.  Pick out two of your heaviest watches, wear them on both wrists and you get a muscle workout on both arms at the same time.  I've done it before.  Now that you can wear longer sleeves, you can get buy with it without any odd looks.  Lol.....gotta run, but I'll be back.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY