Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS .....OCTOBER 2018

Hello all!

It's October and I know that it's fall  but we've been having warm weather in the east.

It's nice to have some watch news to post for once. You could hear the sound of crickets. Smiley Wink

For all you Invicta enthusiasts, this is anniversary and that means  great deals on watches the entire month.

I spotted some decent deals.

They're come out with Marvel and DC character watches, so it's only fitting that they show up at Comic Con?.....it's listed in the schedule.

Michael Kors is purchasing Versace; an interesting development; we know that some of Versace pieces were Swiss, while MK watches are Fossil made. They want to make the brand more upscale. Hmm.....where have we heard that before.

Very interesting development about Renato.  Daneil Mink had designed some of the XO brand watches.  if you think about it, Renato is what brought us together. 

As noted in the other thread, I am very happy to from Jazzy and hope that issues are resolved soon. I seem to remember that you have a birthday on the 4th? If I forget happy birthday.

If you're not into Invicta, that's cool; we're still interested in learning about your latest watch or one you have your eye on. If you want drop in and say hi, that's great, too.

Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS .....OCTOBER 2018

Good Morning,

I was wondering if anyone knew what the blue watch was in their email advertising.  My husband was really interested and we cannot find it on the website.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Could you please tell me which advert that was? I was looking through and I didn't see a watch.

Evine or QVC?

Valued Contributor

I have 13 watches my favorite is Bulova,Coach,lascoste.Adding to that list is Invicta Mickey Mouse watches. The bands are substantial and well made,both are chronograph diver watches. I purchase the watches at Tjmaxx one in July and the other in September the 1st one retail@ $995.00  special limited time edition,#30 of 3,000,(24132)The second one retail @665.00 #237 of 3,000(25192)

In  my research the watches do sell for that price at Disney world,while I like Mickey from childhood memories, I have no desire to visit Disney world.The prices at online venders are less costly.

Both watches were only $95.00 at Tjmaxx.Next purchase will be a  Invicta Snoopy watch,I have Jim Shore snoopy figurines from Hallmark stores.

Respected Contributor

Hi Grace3, 

A warm welcome and thanks for sharing.

Sounds like some likes Mickey. Smiley Happy  Innvicta does make a decent watch for very little money.  Many Mickey Mouse watches tend to be quite cheap and disposable and even though I have never been to DisneyWorld, I just know that there is a steep markup.

Here's a secret about Invicta that I learned from a jeweler friend: they attach big prices, but sell the same watch to a retailer for 25 percent of the MSRP.  Unless you really, really have to have a certain Invicta, never pay full price for them. It can be said for watches in general, but this especially applies to Invicta. It's been a while since someone told me about that, so it might have changed a bit.

I almost forgotten:

They now have Invicta retail boutiques and yes, people do pay the MRSP. Of course, Invicta manufactures special models that are only available through boutiques. Let's see what happens.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone.  Happy October.

I saw both a mens and a ladies blue IP bracelet watch with diamond pave dial and bezel.  Very striking,  tho pricey.  One quick check on the specs (movement and diamond quality) was enough to curb my desire to buy the watch.   Since I didn't need another watch anyway,  that was a good thing.   But,  as a watch collector,  I was disappointed.... chinese movement and very low diamond quality.

Also caught the presentation of the various color int he 40mm IP bracelet divers last night.   Need to go back and take another look.   Not sure if they held the price.   And no,  I don't need that one either.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Hello and welcome to the new Watch Collectors.

Java: You have a good memory! My birthday was on the 4th. Thanks for the wishes.

LJ: Tim and Mike Davis have a website and that's where I think the Renato watches will be sold initially. Not sure about where else. Also I heard that Wing Liang is leaving Evine. Soon it'll be almost exclusively Invicta, although they do have other brands that don't get much TV time.

Jena: I never got in on the S. Coifman, thinking 33mm was too small. I see it's $179. Tempting.

Brrrr. It's cold here and I'm not ready. Seems we bypassed fall and went to winter.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Jazzy   If you tried the 33mm in the YT you wouldn’t think the 33 was too small.  The stark white dial makes the dial look large to me.  Normally I’d never pick the 33 but this is an exception in the YT.  Yes I see its 179, good price.  Belated Happy Birthday also. 

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Haven't added many watches lately, but what I have bought has been Citizen Eco-Drives - no batteries!  I found this one today on Macy's site at a good price + an additional 15% off & free shipping & ordered one.  Looks easy to read with the royal blue mop dial & the case is a perfect size 36mm (I already have one in the white mop dial)

Respected Contributor

Hi aub!

That watch looks cool!

Let us know what you think! I haven't purchased a watch in 18 months.  

Does anyone remember the Invicta "Deco Clone"?  I still wear mine--a lot. And that watch gets a lot of compliments. Anyway, it's pretty sturdy. I took a nasty spill on the sidewalk and I was wearing that  watch. It took a whack, but didn't fly off my wrist. Still tickng. (just like me!Smiley Happy

Sad to see Wing go. It's hard to sell watches when IWG is constantly pushing its wares. Iit would have been ok if there hadn't been that legal battle with Google over Android branding. He was there first. He had to sit out for a certain time and rebrand, I think. I can't remember the exact details. I still think of Aragon watches as Android. 

Jazzy, you're welcome.  I know what you mean about this crazy weather. It's going to get more seasonal and then it will be cool. Too bad. Too many humid and rainy days.