Trusted Contributor

~WATCH COLLECTORS~ NOVEMBER 2019 ~

[ Edited ]

Are there any watch enthusiasts out there in Q land?   Most of us on this thread over the years have accumulated plenty.     With the holidays upon us, more watch shows ought to be out there, enticing us for more treasures.....Smiley Wink

Come in and join the thread.  We love to talk watches.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Re: ~WATCH COLLECTORS~ NOVEMBER 2019 ~

Hi Jena.  Thanks for starting our Nov. watch collectors thread.  There should be lots of watch temptations over the next few months.   Just what we need.  I'm trying to wear my collection.

Trusted Contributor

Hi LavJ.  You know when you go digging around in your collection, you never know what you will find.  

79D734B3-2C03-48B5-B72E-EEFBED8CD7A2.jpegThe MOP dial doesn't show up as pretty, as marshmallows as it it.  The bright yellow gold looks more subdued here.  I was amazed it was still ticking.  Most those that I want to wear, are not.  You have this Renato, right?

Trusted Contributor

LavJ,  from your Oct. post.

I've been noticing diamond encrusted jewelry featured in Tiffinay ads in the NYTimes for the last several days,  another designer diamond encrusted watch ad today, and Harry Winston's ad covering the last page of today's NYT first section was devoted to large, classically set solitares.... one a pear shape diamond, and the other a traditional emerald cut diamond.  I've started a new wish list.  Smiley Happy  Anyone plan to sign up to buy me one of those large diamond solitares? I'd be happy with either the pear or the emerald cut!

Rather than a pear or emerald cut, would you be happy with a marquise cut?  I love that cut.  When I find one, I'll send it to you, you just have to provide your address....Smiley Wink.

Anyway, this thread has seen its better days, I think.  

Word of the day.  Get out those nice watches that are sleeping.  Let them see the light of day.

Respected Contributor

Sorry Jena,  I didn't see your new post.

Yes,  I have this Renato Beauty too.

The dial is an amazing mop.

And often,  when I go to wear it,  it needs a new

battery.   No fault of the watch,  I just don't get around

to it as often as I should.  I'll have to wear it this week.

It goes with everything!

Trusted Contributor

LavJ, I've been wearing that yellow beauty, day after day and I picked it up this morning and battery died.  Another one for the hugh pile.  Bummer.

One of these days I must go to the jeweler.  I must have more dead watches than those that run.  Double bummer.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ~WATCH COLLECTORS~ DECEMBER 2019 ~

[ Edited ]

Looks like the watch thread is folding.  In the new year hopefully we can get together and talk watches, once again.  I hope you all had a nice Holiday and it soon will be 2020.  

We sure have found a lot of watch enthusiasts here and they have turned into internet friends.  I hope we don't lose track of one another, lets look for this thread in the future.

Lets keep those batteries up to date, we can't let them set forever dead.  I have so many watches that need changing that my jeweler would faint if I brought all in at the same time.  Thats the downside of watch collecting.  The good side is watches are just jewelry and so many of us can't leave the house without one on our wrist.  So many styles, colors. Diamonds, plain, from 24mm to 48mm.  Plain dials vs chrondo.  So many choices.  

Happy New Year Watch Collectors.

Respected Contributor

Re: ~WATCH COLLECTORS~ DECEMBER 2019 ~

Hi Jena,  and greetings to all other watch collectors.

I was thinking of you just the other day....

For a holiday gathering on Christmas day I wore my GT Renato watch with the dimaond subdials and diamond bezel.   Wow is that a great looking watch.   Those diamonds sparkle and shine better than any other watch I have.

For 2020 I'm determined to keep wearing more of my collection(s).... watches, handbags, clothing.   I'm a saver and the good stuff sits in the house.   Time to show it all some love.   Also time to stop buying more.  I think I've pretty well conquered the jewelry and watch buying.... it's down to a very few items a year.   But handbags have gotten out of control.   My collection of Dooney is bigger than Q's I think.  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Hope everyone had a good holiday season..... the happiest and healthiest of New Years to all.

Trusted Contributor

~WATCH COLLECTORS~ DECEMBER 2019 ~

~HAPPY NEW YEAR~ 

I wish you all the best in 2020.

Are we all watching the ball drop tonite?

I am.  

Out with the old and in with the new.

May this be a better year.

Trusted Contributor

Re: ~WATCH COLLECTORS~JANUARY 2020~

[ Edited ]

HELLO watch lovers.

When I purchased my Seiko Kinetic watch I don't believe anyone chimed in, admitting they owned one.  Well it has a movement powered by movement and light.  I've owned it now 26 months and it's gone into a 2 second jump of the second hand instead of continual running.  Reading up on it, in the booklet, it states its dying. I thought they ran longer than this?  Of course how long did it sit before I owned it?  Now I must get this recharable battery replaced, I guess.  This is a new one for me.  This battery costs around 17$ or more.  Just finding it on eBay, and thats the price they sell them at.  Of course, it comes from France.  Really???  I have to call my jeweler and see if they have a replacement (I really doubt it but they are an authorized Seiko dealer).  Once I know more, I'll report back.  So far my 3 ECO drive Citizen watches are running flawlessly.  

Anyone around?  LavJ,Aub,Java...anyone?