Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.....NOVEMBER 2018

Vert pretty!

Tonight we turn back the clocks. A good time to assess what watches have been worn--or need batteiries.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thx Java, for the heads up on the time change.  I wish it would just stay this way now.

I notice that pretty blue dial ECO I purchased a little over 2 weeks ago has dropped to 146.25 with code EVENT.  Their adjustments are only made within 10 days of purchase.  Wow.  I guess I can kiss that $19.50 diff. Goodbye.  Hate that.  The watch I just bought now, the TT with a swirl dial is 210. Saving another 13.13.  I did get this credit refunded to me.  This EVENT code is good today only.  JFYI.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

I was emailed by Jomashop stating they have some great deals on Citizens Eco Drive.  They certainly do.  I’m tempted again and I shouldn’t be. 

Happy Thanks giving to all.

Trusted Contributor

Wow, today I see the YT S. Coifman can be purchased for $90 off.  $119.99.  The SS is sold out.  That is a beautiful watch, with great specs you just don’t find in todays world.  Sapphire crystal, Swiss movement and parts..what a deal. If I didn’t already own it, it would be mine now.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Trusted Contributor

....with code......THANKS20

Respected Contributor

Wow Jena.  That's an amazing price on a beautiful watch.

If I didn't already own it,  I'd be buying it for sure.

Guess it's time to review the gift list.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

LavJ, now is your chance to pick up a Citizen ECO Drive for a great price.  That YT with MOP dial that looks on the blue side has dropped now to 137.75.  I might get the white leather banded YT white MOP dial for 139.95.  Dec. 4th the prices go away.  I own 2 ECO’s now, why do I need a third, other than a great sale price.  I’m sitting on my hands. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jenagal

Jena, I'm not LJ, but I did just get that GT Citizen Eco Corso with the mop dial.  That was the best price I've found & Joma didn't charge me sales tax or shipping, so the end price was the flat $137.75!  Thanks for the heads-up, as I'd had my eye on that one & now, I think I'm done for a bit with acquiring Eco-Drives!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Aub.  I’m glad you snagged one while on this great sale.  It’s because of you I own 2 now and I’m thankful I can return the favor....lol.  The YT is selling out, I think and I still am sitting on the fence.  I have a beautiful 35mm Renato quartz in YT with stark white dial so I don’t need another.  But that ECO pulls at me.  I want to order only watches that don’t require battery changes.  So I’m looking at the white strapped leather with that same watch.  They were selling that YT for $139.95 till today, for some reason it lowered more.  So congrats, you got a winner. 

Respected Contributor

@jenagal  This one will be my 4th Corso Eco with the mop dial (I have the ST with white dial, ST with the blue dial from Macy's, 2 Tone RT/ST & now this GT) so stick a fork in me, I think I'm done!  I guess this case size is my sweet spot & they're just so comfortable to wear & plus, there's no back-end cost of replacing dead batteries.

I have 3 other Citizen Eco's, that I've acquired over the last several years: a 2 Tone GT/ST that I got at Costco, a RT white dial Modena & another GT with an engraved white dial that has a 32mm case.  The one i got at Costco & the 32mm case one both have sapphire crystals.

I wore only a leather strap watch for many years, but I found them not comfortable for me due to working & getting sweaty under the strap, so even though I'm now retired, I don't wear leather straps much & prefer the cleanability of a bracelet watch.  If you decide to get another, enjoy!