Regular Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....NOVEMBER 2017 *Dooneys too*

@JavaQueen wrote:

Tonight they are presenting the TSV Dooney.  That has a zipper closure. It looks like a sturdy, go-to bag for someone. Having owned several bags in black/brown with contrast stitching, I don't really like the middle contrast stitching on the black. t looks great on other colors, but I think they should have done the black in all black.

In the meantime during all of my First World angst over something I don't need, Coach sent me a 30 percent coupon and I keep receiving emails from dooney.com. and QVC. 

Java...sshhh, my weakness is the Coach too.  Michael Kors is no slouch.  Some are better than the Coach.  I have a friend that sold off most of her Coaches and buying Michael Kors instead.  Granted they are really nice handbags.  

Respected Contributor

Jena: I love the Dooney zip zip. I don't have the amethyst, but I do have several of their other purples shades, collected over the years. I wanted the amethyst, but when I ordered it wasn't available.
Respected Contributor

They have also shown the small  Brenna in pebble. Could be tempted with that also.

Regular Contributor

Java I looked up the Brenna (small and large) and I do like it in elephant.  Although the small is too small for me and the larger is too many $$$$$.  But it's not a zip top so that's that.  But it's a nice looking bag.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....NOVEMBER 2017

Well, I caved on the hobo TSV. In elephant. Good heavens. 

Macys offering similar one with lighter leather and regular hardware for $149. 

I purchased before 3am (today). Went to cancel. Nope. They're playing for keeps. This is holiday time.  You either stay strong or buy it.

Respected Contributor

Java: hope you love it,  but if not,  you have a long return window.

Regular Contributor

Java, because you chose the elephant color, I bet you will have a hard time returning it.  

Now we'll see what the rest of the story is down the line.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Yeah, but there are two others. Sigh. If one stays, two go. I really like the Lily and have yet to see the other one. At least I had enough sense to have it delivered to the apt. I listened to their ptiches for too long and then they got me.

In terms of watches, I haven't seen anything. Totally uninspiring.  Mickey and Minnie were cute, but no.

(The men's peices were intriguing.) It's just not the same as it used to be.

Respected Contributor

Java:  I agree about the watch shows.... very little of interest in the ladies watches.  And I can only watch so many offerings for men before I get mad and turn off the TV.

On the 'bright side' I got a 15% off coupon (15WATCH) via email and that Seiko kinetic is tempting me again.  Still don't need it.... but.... much harder to resist now.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those 15% coupons sure don't cause me any lack of sleep.  Why?  I have to act on them immediately.  Not only does the website expound on their big deal they have to email me also.  Those emails get me every time.  Now with the purchase of the Seiko Kinetic, my watch shopping addiction is over.........what more could I want now?  I sat my Kinetic and my Invicta Prodiver automatic side by side for a couple of days.  It was a. Pleasure to see the Kinetic keep on a ticking and the Prodiver went to sleep.  Love that Kinetic. Smiley Wink

QVC did email me the Early Friday's specials and that BOSE Wave Music CD system is on TSV also @299.99.  Can't pass that up either.  Search for it.  Order it early.  Smiley Wink