Regular Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....NOVEMBER 2017

[ Edited ]

Java the Kinetic Diamond Seiko went on a one time only price $257 and I grabbed it.  I cancelled the S Coifman.  For the 57$ more It will be like nothing I own.  An automatic with  (650-287)  quartz battery.  Holds a 6 months charge, in  power reserve.  I'm anxious to try something new.  I don't know how long the one time only price will hold but it's free shipping also.  Check it out who ever is interested in something different. 

Respected Contributor

Jena:  that's a great looking watch.  Price is back up this morning.  I was tempted and probably would have ordered it if the price had stayed down.  I like the specs on the watch and the dial is beautiful.  Let us know how you like it when it arrives.

I guess I need to spend more time here so I don't keep missing the treasures.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I saw a kind of nice looking Citizen Eco-Drive watch in a magazine, the style is called Modena & it's rose gold plated.  In addition to automatics, I might consider a light powered watch like this style/brand, but I'm sitting on my hands & staying strong.......for now!

aub

I own 2 Eco-Drives and swear by them.  Attractive, well built, accurate time.  Even with my skin that "turns" most finishes, mine have lasted years.   If the watch stops in my jewelry box, I lay it on my counter so the sunlight can get to it and viola.... love them!   I have other watches too and wear most of them off and on but the Eco-Drives are amazing.... Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Jena:  that's a great looking watch.  Price is back up this morning.  I was tempted and probably would have ordered it if the price had stayed down.  I like the specs on the watch and the dial is beautiful.  Let us know how you like it when it arrives.

I guess I need to spend more time here so I don't keep missing the treasures.  Smiley Happy

Well I guess I should have shot up the fire works, rang the bells and alerted you.  But you had me sooooo convinced that you were no longer tolerating watches I didn't want to add to your misery.  Smiley Wink

I was emailed from e stating I had this sitting in my cart and NOW they have lowered the price.  Really??  I would have never caught it if not for that.  I had the email for hours before I saw it also.  The other watch was still sitting there and I didn't know if I could cancel it.  I surely didn't want both.  So as hard as I fought to get the S. Coifman, I let it go.  But at this time in my life I'm going for unique and this Seiko fills the bill.  

So the watch 'one time only'  price still sat there but they took away the free shipping.  I was really surprised this AM it went back to full price.  If it had not been for their email, I would have never gotten in on the deal.  I don't know whether to thank them or not. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Lav J, I take it you haven't heard from Eyal...yet??  I'm curious as to what he's going to say.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I got an email this week from someone in his office asking for more information so they can look into the situation.  I'm hopeful they will come through with the warranty repair for this watch.

Respected Contributor

Wow!

So sorry to miss the special on the Seiko. Good luck. 

Haven't purchased any watches  We like bags here so...

Must confess  that I purchased a DB Lily Logo Lock on 6 ez pays. It is a stunning bag; I don't understand the comments about it looking "cheap."  Everything was nicely wrapped and all the pieces were there. In natural. A lovely bag. 

I did order a smaller Florentine bag in natural. Tried to cancel it, but it was too late. No, I can't keep two.

It may be that I keep neither.  Don't worry, I keep them wrapped. Or open them a little. to check for flaws, missing pieces I don't "rent" them. That's my pet peeve. People using bags and returning them.

Regular Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Wow!

So sorry to miss the special on the Seiko. Good luck. 

Haven't purchased any watches  We like bags here so...

Must confess  that I purchased a DB Lily Logo Lock on 6 ez pays. It is a stunning bag; I don't understand the comments about it looking "cheap."  Everything was nicely wrapped and all the pieces were there. In natural. A lovely bag. 

I did order a smaller Florentine bag in natural. Tried to cancel it, but it was too late. No, I can't keep two.

It may be that I keep neither.  Don't worry, I keep them wrapped. Or open them a little. to check for flaws, missing pieces I don't "rent" them. That's my pet peeve. People using bags and returning them.

Yes I love bags too, Java. When you put them in dust bags, I can't tell who is who.  So,when in a hurry, I have a problem finding what I Want.

When it comes to cancellations, a funny thing.  I ordered that S Coifman that night, and the next night I was able to cancel it.  I couldn't believe it.  Now this Seiko, I ordered it last night this AM the cancel button was gone.  Tonite it shows shipped.  Unbelievable.  I can't wait to see this one. I can give you credit for this purchase.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Jena and Java:  I may have cut back my watch buying recently,  but I am more than making up for it with handbags.  Dooney and Brahmin are my favorite brands.

And I'm doing what I can to support the economy.  Online and phone shopping makes it easy to contribute to the GNP (gross national product) and tax collections o a frequent basis.  Smiley Happy

I put your Seiko in my shopping cart.   If the price drops,  I will buy it.

Java,  I had a Lily in bordeaux.  It was from the original QVC TSV offering.   The leather was very structured and had what looked like an embossed pebble texture.  The bag was stunning and extremely well made. I thought it would hold up well to carefree use.   I ended up returning it,  with regret, because I hand carry all my bags and the strap drop was just too long for that to be a comfortable option for me.  The wide strap was beautiful and very comfortable for shoulder carry,  and that is the way most people carry handbags like this one.

Since then Dooney has made the Lily in one or more other leathers.

Regular Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....NOVEMBER 2017. *Dooneys too*

[ Edited ]

Oh ok, so I have to see what this Lily Dooney is all about. Naughty naughty, mustn't do....I never should look at bags. I love that forest green, I would have snagged that one for sure but AHAH they are sold out. One thing I don't need (like watches) is another handbag but when I see something I like, I can't help myself. I must do some rearranging on my handbags. I can't see what I have when stored. I even took photos of my handbags in group pictures. Then I took a sheet of paper and listed each and a number. I stuck this number onto the dust cover and it's just too time consuming. I still can't find what I want. Either I need a better system or I have enough handbags. Smiley Wink. Love those Dooneys.