Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS ........MARCH 2019

[ Edited ]

It's March 1 and here in the East, it's come in like a lion. Snow, rain and any combination. On this chilly night, I offer a warm welcome to watch lovers/collectors....

If there's a new watch in your life you're just to tell us about, we're all years. If you have any watch-related news, that's good. Of course, if you just want to drop in and say "hi," that's great.

Apart from all usual "welcome" stuff, this is a gentle reminder that many will be turning our clocks ahead this month. You can say goodbye to that extra hour of sleep on March 10, 2019. Retailers usually think of this as great to sell new watches. If you'd like to refresh your watch, you may want to check Macy's. Smiley Happy  Evine has a nice assortment of cool and classic at great prices. They actually have a Venom in 42mm that's not outrageous in price.

On the Q front, I do see some really nice looking Eclissi watches for the silver event. In general, they not are pretty, but seem to be pretty reliable.

J360976  This is an interchangeable strap watch set. FYI: It is moisture-resistant, if that matters to you. This set involves no pins or quick change pins or visit to your jeweler. You can swap out very easily. Three watches for the price of one.

My pick: the Eclissi Multi-Chain Gemstone watch.J384169

Currently, it's $269 on sale. I love the shape of the case and the MOP, onyx and turquoise dials. It's only moisture-resistant. This is one that if I ever saw it at a great price, I'd get it. This one's not about "Swissness." I just like the look of it. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS ........MARCH 2019

Thx Java, for the new thread.  

It’s a sunny blue skied day here, wind blowing snow, feels like a mist.  20 some degrees, at least its above -0-. 

With the time change I moved my 3 Citizen ECO drives ahead, one hour.  So easy.  In the fall, its not so fast.  Of course with Feb. being only 28 days, had to get the date corrected also.  My one Seico Kinetic, got the change also.  My quartz watches, will sit.  If I look at them, I will see many needing a battery.  I’m not in the mood for battery changing.  

Evidentially no one is buying, neither am I.  I’m content.  I’d like to sell most of them on eBay, but that’s another day.   Like it has been the last few years.  Lol..

I see the new Renato’s being offered and they look nothing like our purchases.  We got the cream of the crop.  

A big HELLO to all the watch lovers.  

Busy looking at Dooneys, I know.  Lol.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Interesting article in the NY Times this week about high end vintage watch collecting.   Prices are on the rise.  Some consider these watches to be a good investment.   Others wonder if they are the new 'bitcoin'.  Will the prices tumble?

In any event,  I found it interesting and also renewed my joy in my personal watch collection.   No,  I don't own these high end, expensive, collectible pieces.  Smiley Sad   But I do have more than a few 'good' watches that are beautiful.  I need to wear them more often and enjoy them.   Otherwise they become dust collectors,  money pits (maintenance),  and just more stuff to take up space.

So,  I'm dusting off my watches and going to rotate thru the collection and spread the joy.   Who will join me?

Respected Contributor

It was exciting to see some new watches with very good quality diamonds shown last night (Invicta, evine).   It reminded me of all the lovely Renato watches we bought.

Luckily the new offerings were 50mm or larger, and pricey, so there was no real temptation.   But it was refreshing to hear that the diamonds were G - H color and VS2 - SI quality.  And the watches were eye catching.

It's time to dust off our treasures and give them some wrist time.  The money as been spent, we might as well enjoy these beauties again. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Time to start the thread for April 2019.