Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

aprimo:  can't wait to hear about your new RT Lotus.   It's such a pretty dial. 

Java:  that's such sad news about SWI.   Doesn't surprise me as the owners sold the company several years ago,  so it wasn't the same business after that.  But nothing stays the same,  and that's sad.  Old reliable sources disappear.  Warranties become meaningless when companies close their doors.  And the fun goes out of watch shopping once again.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well the Bolt Zeus is on Once Only again.  The codes work on it.  The pink one is coming my way.  Did anyone snag it for less than 271.71?  The Gemstone SAN1 is on O/O also.  Both colors are available yet.  When I ordered the pink Zeus, I sure hope I ordered the right color.  That blue is hard to pass on.  LJ, I know you got the blue.  I have so many pinks, maybe I should get the blue too.  If only the codes didn't work, I wouldn't have this problem......Smiley Sad

ETA:  I looked at the video again, and I decided it don't need another watch.  I just had to cancel.  I can't own them all. Smiley Sad

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Well, we all may have played a part in keeping evine afloat. Think of how many watches just our little group has purchased over a decade. This includes all those who have moved on.

Evine is set to release earning reports on 3/21. So we have have added to their bottom line.

Aprimo, the Lotus is a pretty little watch. Hope you love it. I probably would have purchased had I not purchased something else. Enjoy your Dooney. I did an As is Aubrey and they didn't include the shoulder strap. Too much money for too little. I am going to shop in my closet.

Jena, watches are like Lays potato chips. Smiley Happy

We have one week without watches. Invicta shows are scheduled for the next week. If I hear anything about Basel, I will post here.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Java, If I didn't own all these watches, so many I don't wear. I'd gladly keep that pink Zeus coming if I could unload what I have . I know you sell yours off at eBay but I'm afraid to do it. $271.71 seems like too much so,it was easier to cancel. But $213 for those gemstone SAN1's are a great price. Can't get a watch like that everyday for a good discount. Those discounts get me everytime. Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

For me, I have the NYS tax, so it wasnt $213. But close enough. I was so excited when they came out and then I knew that if were over a certain amount, then I would never get it.

Then i saw the SAN2 and I went crazy. It's good to have one of each, I think. It's going to be tough because it's only $20 between the two. 

I might not like either one, but I can't keep two--that is for sure. I might take a roll of tape with me to the post office so I can do a return right away.  You know it's a huge post office in a huge city and no one cares if I open a package, look at it and send it back that same day.

I could always sell the abalone SANI, however, they did that OO price of $179. I really don't feel like giving it away. I know the others aren't Swiss, but that won't stop some poeple.

Respected Contributor

Spring has sprung and it looks like they have reprised some of the watch event encore prices today. They turn it off and on. 

Respected Contributor

Wow,  you ladies are up a little too late for me.   But when I checked in this morning,  I knew I was in trouble. 

Jena, you are made of stronger stuff than I am.   Add a big promo code to a sale and I have trouble resisting.  So,  I had to look at the pink Bolt Zeus again.   Decided I really didn't need it and went to look at my other Bolt Zeus.  Then I looked at my pink mop dial SAN V.  

Then I decided I wanted the pink Bolt Zeus.   Found a code to work (thanks again Java) and ordered it.  And yes,  I have a pretty hefty tax rate here too,  just a fraction of a % less than you do Java. 

Time for me to stop now.  Just need to see what else is on sale. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Jena:  the mosaic Bolt Zeus was $259.72 after the O/O and promo code.  Of course, then there was tax and shipping.  The blue one I originally ordered was that price,  and now the pink one was the same... or I wouldn't have pushed the button.

I don't understand why they didn't reinstate the O/O pricing during the finale of the event and why they saved it for a few days later.  Without on air promotion,  how many people will see it?  And isn't the point to sell more volume?

Hope I love these watches or I'll have a lot of wasted $$ in returns.  When that happens I go on the watch ban wagon for a few months.

BTW,  yesterday I was organizing some small leather items (wallets, cosmetic cases, etc) and decide that an 8 slot watch box would be perfect for storage.  I pulled the foam out, lined it with paper towel (very elegant) and organized away.  I had some overflow and needed another 8 slot box..... which I didn't have!!!! WTH.... who would have guessed I'd have use for all those big plastic boxes after all.  Smiley Happy

So now,  I could use 2 more 8 slot boxes.... one for the overflow of the small leather items and one for storage of my handbag shoulder straps.  I'm not buying a watch for the box,  but at least I won't consider it an unwanted piece of cr#* to be disposed of.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

LavJ.

Glad you have found some uses for those boxes. :_ I could have easily purchased 10 watches. Yes, another BZ, the pink Bolt, another SANIII, the lotus, the Venoms, another Lady Lupah Rev, some Technos.  If I had won the lotto, Lynn's watch and Sonia's pieces. There were pieces on site that I have coveted also. Swiss Made watches with automatic movements. They are there if you dig. I hope you enjoy at least one of your pieces.

Evine:

I think evine isnt so worried about on-air promotion. Here's why: many people peruse the site via laptop and phone. Evine also sends email reminders.

What I discovered on both my phone and MacBook was that if you slide the screen over, you will see the promo for the "last hurrah" of the Invicta Spring Forward event. They also promote on FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram.

Now. Macy's also also extended their VIP and while I think it's a great thing for bargain hunters, it's sign of something wrong. And many retailers have been extending their sales. I think they are trying to shore up first quarter earning and they needed to make targets.  It's just my gut feeling. With the atmosphere these days, many are probably laying low and stashing cash.  Without me spelling this out, I think you know what I mean. This normally would be a time where people will spend tax refunds on nice little items and retailers know it. But we have a segment of our population which is understandably worried. I could be wrong.

Respected Contributor

Java:  you are very perceptive. 

I did enjoy looking at some of the better diamond pieces yesterday.  I didn't buy any,  but it was like strolling thru an upscale jewelry department,  with my feet up.  I have no interest in the lower quality items,  but I enjoy the better pieces.   If I win the lottery........