Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.... MARCH 2017

Java:  the JR watch is beautiful.  Lovely classic style, beautiful bezel and strap.   They probably measure the length from end to end.... including holes and buckle.  So at most it would fit an 8" wrist,  maybe less than that.  Only the truly watch knowing measure from the longest hole to the strap where it attaches to the buckle.  Typically you lose an inch from the overall length,  but sometimes more.

Still it's a very tempting watch.... all the colors are nice,  but the green stands out.

Respected Contributor

Safe so far......

Respected Contributor

Flash sale on W.
Btw, there are some nice watches on the the site that have nothing to do with Invicta. Then there Sans at great prices. Take that magic number--even better. Posting this for lurkers. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received one shipping email from e. All that watch hunting is exhausting. My wallet was so scared it went and hid.!It seems that the watch guys went crazy using those codes over and over.  Of course, they had some serious choices to make. I hadn't bought a watch in well over a year. It started with the RD, which is a great choice. No regrets there. As for the other two, we'll see. Those were the only really "cool" watches. Even when bedecked with gemstones or beloved Disney characters, a SAN is still a SAN--no matter what number.

I was heartened that there were offerings for women. However, these were either pretty or cute. Very few that I would consider "cool." There were several men's pieces that I would consider if I had a larger wrist. On my part, there are also budgetary considerations. The men had some great pieces and I still enjoyed looking in from time to time. I miss sherm's funny little emails where she was serously seeking my opinions on watch purchases. 

At the same time, I felt a bit sad, because I realized that watches had entered into another era. This redefinition of "Swiss" by the Swiss Federation will certainly have an impact on the affordable watches we see in the marketplace. I felt sad, too, because the Spring Forward/Fall Back events had always been a chance to discover new brands. We didn't have that. A whole day of watches. Cool brands like Edox. We're not likely to hear much about watches for a while, because most brands will be at BaselWorld. (That is on my bucket list.)  

Respected Contributor

Java:  good observations... regarding "Swiss" and watch offerings.  The shows don't hold my interest for very long... the 'good' watches are too big and the 'ladies' watches are generally fashion items.  Yes, there are often a few treasures to be found,  if you have patience.

I'm awaiting 2 watches.... the apatite SAN I and the mosaic Bolt Zeus.  The specs are acceptable,  but neither has the movement quality we would want to see in these top of the line pieces.

And I'm still miffed that the 'true Swiss' automatic from earlier in the week was only offered in 50mm.   We know that movement fits in a 38mm watch (we both have 34mm pro divers with the SW200),  would it have been so difficult to offer a smaller version?

I await your reaction when your new watches arrive.  Will it be hard to decide or will one be a clear winner?

Respected Contributor

Well, that ship has sailed. It irritated me. It is just a watch. Why would anyone think I would want Betty Boop instead? Nothing wrong with Betty Boop or the Disney crew, but do not insult me by offèring as an equivalent. You saw who rhey sold, right?
They sell because they are cute, disposable and cheap. Plus, most women think watches shouldn't be running when they get them, stainless steel is inferior and that they the watch should arrive sized just for them. The Baby Lupah sets are the answer.
I don't know I if knowing that small wristed men share our frustration helps. They weren t happy either about that Pro diver.
In regard to my choices, I will either need a Magic 8 ball app or a quarter. LOL.
Respected Contributor

Wow. It is hard typing on a phone. I did see the preview of the lotus watch.
Very pretty, but I think a bit pricey. The original infinity was glitzy, but cheaper. They must be charging for the diamonds on the end. Love the design and concept--just not in love with the price.
Respected Contributor

Java:  I like the look ot the Lotus watch too.   Very pretty and feminine,  but big enough at 38mm to be interesting.  The layered mop on the dial is what I like best.

Interchangeable system is nice,  but I wonder if over time the bezel will move on it's own and cause problems.  Guess it depends upon how they engineered it.  I have the same questions about the watches with multiple screw-on bezels.

I was tempted to see if one of the codes would work with the Lotus,  but decided that I prefer wearing what I already own and didn't need to add another watch... at least at this moment. I have 2 on the way.... the SAN I apatite and the blue mosaic Bolt Zeus.

I've been adding handbags to my collection this weekend,  since the Dooney outlets are running an extra $25 off all leather bags.... and they ship.  Makes it very easy to spend money. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

If it is not watches, it is bags.Smiley Happy
I have sad news for bargain hunters. SWI IS no more: its doors closed in late January.
No more world of watches, ewatches or watchery.
No more Swiss Legend. That means no more Karamicas, neptunes, Bellas.
Another watch brand gone since this band of watch enthusiasts first got together.
That Lotus watch is one you could try to wait for.
The bezel could cause problems, but if you have many watches, it probably would last a lot longer.
I didn't wait on the Rd for previously discussed reasons, but some I wouldn't mind waiting for.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:
If it is not watches, it is bags.Smiley Happy
I have sad news for bargain hunters. SWI IS no more: its doors closed in late January.
No more world of watches, ewatches or watchery.
No more Swiss Legend. That means no more Karamicas, neptunes, Bellas.
Another watch brand gone since this band of watch enthusiasts first got together.
That Lotus watch is one you could try to wait for.
The bezel could cause problems, but if you have many watches, it probably would last a lot longer.
I didn't wait on the Rd for previously discussed reasons, but some I wouldn't mind waiting for.Smiley Happy

Really?? That makes me sad. I'm so glad I bought as many Karamicas as I did. I still love those watches and wear them often.

I decided to get the Lotus in the rosetone and I used one of the codes. I really like that layered MOP dial. It will be my first rosetone bracelet. But I like that you can put a leather strap on it to tone down the rose if you want.

I also ordered a new Dooney yesterday since they are having a 20% off sale this weekend. I've been very bad and have to stop now.