Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS....JUNE 2019

Hello all!

It's June 1st. Time for a new thread. A warm welcome to all watch lovers. I'm in the middle of a project. No watch on my wrist today. Just my trusty cell by my side.

Jave Queen.

Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....JUNE 2019

Hello all.  The thread looks a little bare.  No interest in watch buying.  I have found a renewed interest in my collection.  When I go shopping, I open up my watch boxes, no need for more.  Love what I have.

But its been so long now since I’ve gone through them looking for dead solders, its going to take many trips to the jeweler this time to get the batteries replaced. I won’t leave them, I stand over them like they are very precious.  Mostly they are. Smiley Wink

Thx Java for starting the thread.  Looks like it will be a short one this time. Smiley Happy

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Jomashop just lowered the price on that SS pink dial Citizen ECO Drive, womens @36mm dial.  I’ve been watching that watch forever and the lowest I’ve seen it was $68.  Usually goes for way over a hundred.  But today in honor of Fathers Day yet, its going for $79.  Plus shipping.   

Aub, do you own this watch?  I think its just me infatuated with the pink. Smiley Wink 

Where is LavJ?  Java and Jazzy?  

We ought to rename this thread....What is your Watch of the Day?  (WOTD).  Today its the white SS Seiko Kinetic.  Unlike the Citizen ECO DRives, they keep on ticking without wearing them.  They live on light.  This one has to have movement too.  So I reset it, wind it and wear it.  

Respected Contributor

@jenagal   Jena, I don't have that pink dial Citizen.  I haven't bought a new watch in awhile & haven't seen anything that interests me. 

I'm still waiting for my two-tone Citizen Corso to get back to me from getting repaired.  When it finally arrives, it'll be like getting a brand new watch, as it's been gone for 8 weeks & I only wore it a few times since I got it last fall because it wouldn't keep running. 

It seems like the only watches I've worn for quite awhile now are my Citizen Eco-Drives, they're just so darned low maintainence!  I have a lot of dead batteries....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for popping in....I have been extremely busy with two projects and thus, very little time.

Sunday.i wore my Russian Square Diver with the beautiful abalone dial and paired it with a white strap.  Nice, summery watch and I get compliments on it whenever I wear it. It's not Swiss. It's just very distinctive and I've not seen anyone else wearing one. I thought I paid too much for it at the time, but I've worn it a ton. It cost a fraction of some of those other watches I purchased.

If anyone wants a Swiss Made watch for under $80, evine has them.  Swiis movements, Swiss Made. They are fashion watches, but they normally would be $400.

Respected Contributor

I know! Those batteries. I think that's what made me stop. If you have lots of $$$, you do what you want in the way you want. That's not most of us.

I helped other people buy watches lately. One of them came from QVC. They loved the little bronzo tank watches.  Actually, very pretty little watches with MOP. They were water resistant, too. I think the cases on those are about 23mm. Maybe? I don't wear anything smaller than a 28mm.  I still wear my Pro Diver autos. Invicta at its best.

Respected Contributor

My two-tone Citizen Corso came back from being repaired yesterday after them having it for 8 weeks.  Not sure what they did while they had it, but it was running when I took it out of the box they sent it back in, so I set it for my local time & set it in a light source to fully charge the power cell.  It ran for maybe an hour & stopped & hasn't ticked another second since & is dead as a doornail!  After a couple of emails back & forth today with the online seller I bought it from (Certified Watch Store), they're going to just send me a brand new watch & didn't want me to return the dead one back to them & told me to just do whatever I want with it.  I hope this was just a fluke & the replacment will run fine like all of my other Citizen Eco-Drives have done.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow Aub and now dead as a doornail.  Boy thats a lucky break that you will get it replaced after all this.  Hopefully this will run 100% like the rest of ours.  A real bummer.  I have a 2 tone also and so far they all are running like clock work.  My Kinetic does stop if it sits for a few days.  It does not live on light alone....lol.  My ECO drives do. Glad you keep checking in.  Here we are at months close and  only a few posts.  

Where is our LavenderJunkie?

Respected Contributor

My replacement two-tone Citizen Corso arrived today, which was a surprise.  The CS guy at the seller had told me he would send me the tracking info when it was shipped out, which I never got.  Plus, it came from Amazon & not the original seller!

I had a package from Amazon in my mail & thought, "Huh? I didn't order anything from Amazon"!  It came from an Amazon storefront called Flying Fashion & shipped out of Las Vegas, NV (I'm in Tucson, AZ, so it got here fast), so I wonder if the original vendor also has an Amazon store that they sell from in addition to their own website?

Anyway, it started running the minute I took it out of the box, so I set it to my local time & put it in the light to charge up & so far, so good.  The dead one hasn't budged another single second since it died a couple of hours after I got it back the other day, so this is an improvement.  Only problem is now I need to get it sized so I can wear it, but this will give me a few days to make sure it runs OK.

Trusted Contributor

Aub, what about pulling the pins on the last link, next to the watch itself?  I just happen to be wearing that TT right now and it looks like you could switch bands.  Just a thought.  Those ECO drives that we own, sure have an awesome MOP. Dial.  That is a swirl dial to die for.  Now the pink dial, looks a little  subdued to me.  If you don’t own the white leather strapped MOP Swirl dial, its down to $99 now.  What a looker and a deal.  I’m tempted to buy it for a present for someone.  Nice gift, when no sizing is needed. Smiley Wink