Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS .....JUNE 2017

Jena:  I have seen some of the watch shows recently,  and you aren't missing much.  The only watch that tempted me was a GT SAN I with a black spinel bezel.  It's the same watch we have in SS,  but done in GT.  They only offered it in the 47mm size,  so I didn't have to fight with my credit card.   I think the SS version is more striking than the GT version anyway.  It was a new watch and the quantities were very limited.   I wonder if they will make a smaller version in the future.

Respected Contributor

June is always a busy "watch" month, but they tend to stock more traditional offerings because of Father's Day, graduations and weddings. It's also going to be weighted heavily towards men's pieces. May more, since it already leans towards male customers.

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to keep you all posted.  I got an email response from MZB regarding repair of my Renato watch.   They said they do handle the repair service.  I've sent another email with more detailed questions.  I'll let you know what happens. 

Respected Contributor

That's great. I hope repairs are completed satisfactorily. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

So far the service manager has been very responsive to my emails.   For the record,  Renato repair is done by M Z Berger.  Email:  custserv_watches@mzb.com

I'll keep you all posted after I send the watch in to them.

Respected Contributor

I saw 2 of the Croton shows from last night.  Nice selection of women's watches.  Not everything was my taste,  some too small,  but some of the more classic pieces at 40mm were very nice.  Also loved the animal print watch.... don't ask me why.

They had a new person representing the line.  She was very good.  Of course the presentations of ladies watches was fashion oriented.  David M supplied a few technical details but he let the ladies run the show.  I think there is one more show Sunday night.

Respected Contributor

The rep was Megan, formerly of WoW TV. Very interesting "vintage-looking" pieces. Some of them are brass and that's a pet peeve of mine. If you're just going to wear them with an outfit and not wear doing chores or yard work, then they're OK.

Respected Contributor

Update on my Renato repair:   Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I sent the watch on Monday and it was repaired and returned to me by UPS today.  (I live less than 50 miles from MZBerger's offices).  Great service.  I don't know exactly what they did,  but the watch is running now.  Of course,  I'll keep an eye on it.  Total cost to me was $14.95 for the return UPS and the cost of my shipping the watch to them.

I did send in a copy of my receipt from the lifetime warranty purchase.  But based on the emails I exchanged with them,  I 'm not sure they even needed that.   They said they didn't need the original purchase receipt.

It's nice that some companies are living up to their promises.

Frequent Contributor

Hi ladies.

Just checking in. Nothing new on the watch front for me. As Java said, most offerings are men's due to Father's Day and graduations.

LJ: Good to know we can get repairs done if needed.

Java: I am a Snoopy fan too, and was tempted Woman Happy

I have lots that need batteries. I need to see what they take; many of them I can do it myself, so I order the batteries in bulk from Amazon.

I hope all are doing well!

Respected Contributor

Jazzy:  nice to hear from you.  Hope you are enjoying retirement and doing some fun stuff too.  You are lucky you can change some batteries yourself.   I tried once,  and said, never again.  Smiley Happy   Luckily I have a watchmaker who gives me a volume discount.  But I've started to give some less expensive watches to charity when they need a new battery.  If I haven't worn them in a year,  then I force myself to part with them.  I only appy this rule to inexpensive fashion watches.