Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....... JUNE 2016

[ Edited ]

Watch arrived, couldn't wait to put it on. It's beautiful. But then I realized the battery is dead. I was pretty ticked off. I called the store and one the sales associates (the one I ordered from wasnt in) said I'd have to ship it back and they'd send me a new one, but they didn't have it in stock so it would be a few weeks. I was not happy. Then I got a call from the owner who was soooo apologetic and felt so bad and said he will definitely make it right. He looked at my address and asked me where in the state I am. I told him and he said he has a very good friend who owns a jewelry shop, and is also an authorized dealer for the watches, in my state but he's not sure how far it is from me. He told me the city and I said it was 10 minutes from me. (Turns out it's the jeweler where I went to try on the watch but walked out because they told me they don't discount.) He is going to arrange for me to go in and get the battery changed today. Just waiting for him to call me back to confirm. He also said, for my inconvenience, he's sending me a leather strap that I can use interchangeably with the stainless steel strap....even asked me what color I wanted. Those straps retail for $100+ so I really appreciate that gesture.

Respected Contributor

Rach:  so sorry your watch had a problem.  Hopefully it's just the battery and it can be easily replaced by the jeweler.  Good thing the owner got involved to try to make it right and that he is arranging for the 'repair'.   Keep us posted.  Hope there is a happy ending really quickly so you can enjoy your new treasure.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

RachB. Great, it's beautiful. But wouldn't you just think that since it's probably been sitting around, that it would have been CHECKED to see if it was running correctly. Sheesh. Where is our customer service, these days? What's your item #, I'd like to look it up. Sorry for all the inconvience. That's what makes me not order so many times. The problems after receiving it. Hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Yesterday evening the diamond dial SAN I was a OTO... and I resisted.  Even tho it was a great price... I stayed strong and reminded myself I already own a pave dial Renato that doesn't get enough wrist time.  I still hated passing up a good deal... but there are only so many watches I can own and the Renato has superior diamonds.

Respected Contributor

It does! 

Hi all

Russian Diver Square is on "What's for Launch." Price is $188 and change on VPs

Considering it's Asian, I think it is pricey. I bet the MOP is really nice.

http://www.evine.com/Product/638-496

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been watching that TechnoMarine Blue Manta #632-835 for some time. Mostly it has been sold out at all watch websites.  All of a sudden it now is on Evine and it showed one could order 10 of each anyway.  I've toyed with owning the white or black ceramic, just couldn't decide. Well today the white shows sold out.  Hmmm, more people watching that watch and using the 10% off with their credit card to get it.  So I ordered the black.  I do not own a black ceramic with RoseTone 14kt and with that $53 discount I went for it.  Maybe this will be the last I need to buy.  Watch collection completed. Smiley Wink

It has the sapphire crystal, 38mm .25ct. grade G diamonds,  Made in Switzerland....I'm excited. I hope it's not a rerun......but I bet it is.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Java, if that 36mm square Russian Diver was on a bracelet, I might look a bit closer at it, but I don't care for it on the leather strap.  Oh well, saves me money!  lol

Jena, I have the Technomarine Blue Manta in the white ceramic with SS & it's a nice watch.  I got it from WOW when they were having a sale back in January.  I'm not a big RT fan, but if it had been in GT, I might've gotten that instead of the SS. They may've been closing out the SS version & that was why it such a good deal.  The diamonds on it are very nice.

Respected Contributor

I actually saw the watch and I like it. The price should have been around $149 tops. And only that because the smaller case is a new design. It's driving me crazy.

Trusted Contributor

Well how long does it take anyway to send out a watch.  This RT blk ceramic TechnoMarine that came out of the blue and they sold it out.  Now 3 days later it's still in processing with the cancel button long gone.  This phantom watch that appeared suddenly has now disappeared again and Evine is trying to find it.  I really expect to get a notice that it was oversold.  Oh well, it might save me from sending it back.  It's probably a return and looks like it too.  Strange.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to how long it takes.  Good luck.   Maybe it's new stock they have a commitment on, but it's not in the warehouse yet.

I know when we find a new treasure,  we want it NOW.