Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS JULY 2018

[ Edited ]

Hello all:

I've just receiived an email from evine.

Invicta at rock bottom prices. (No surprise)

but Swiss Made, (Yes, really) watches at affordable prices. The women's don't start at $89 though.

in general, they are higher-oriced fashion pieces. My pick of the under $500 lot is a Frederique Constant for $470.99  It must be a luquidated item. I don't know if any place where one could purchase a New Frederique Constant. It's more classic in size, but I think it a great value for someone looking for that kind of thing.

Amazon is offering it at $426. Jomashop sold it out for $249 Christmas in July.

This is essentially a $1K watch. It looks very similar to a Raymond Weill piece that retails for $1K.

Should you have $10K plus tax laying around just waiting to be spent, they are selling a $30K rose gold and diamond watch. It's a mere $8, 845 As much as I like a deal, I wonder about any one spending $9,000 at evine for a watch. If you have that kind of money, you go to an AD, etc.  Watches in the a certain category that are about $2K or so, I can see someone doing that.  Unless you really want it, that is.  But most people who can just put money down, wouldn't be looking at evine. That is also a significant amount of money for a grey market type of watch.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS JULY 2018

It's August 1...
Very quiet. I've started the new thread.