Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS JULY 2018

[ Edited ]

A very Warm Welcome to 

All watch enthusiasts.

It's very close to 100 degrees as I type.  Wishing you a Happy Fourth.

If you have any new purchases you'd like to share, or there's a new watch out there you're obsesed with let us know!

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS JULY 2018

[ Edited ]

From the June thread we were discussing

J356904--the latest Judith Ripka watch with its rainbow, unicorn effect.

jenagal's comment from the June 2018 thread:

Well since it’s not expensive gemstones I am more interested.  I love this watch.  The white strap is on waitlist and that tells me one thing.  When we get a return, you will be the first to receive it.  Now talk about a unique look, this is it.  I go for the different look.  One I won’t see everytime I turn around.  

I tried something different.  I just changed the Title of the thread.  Should work.  Why not?

It is very intersting.....If one really wanted, one could swap out hte blue. Right now it's at full price of $239.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far I'm resisting temptatio and wearing watches I already own.  Yesterday it was the Technomarine square white ceramic.   What a sharp looking watch.  It doesn't get enough wrist time.... square and rectangular watches can be more difficult to read at a quick glance.  Smiley Sad

I have anew watch and I am in love with it. Its an Invicta BIG face mickey automatic. Looks l.  ike a cordoba body with a big Mickey in pink  and red with a black background under a sapphire crystal. automoatin with an exhibition back. Got it from in victa. Its on a multi colored band strap. white on the outside, red on the inside.The price was phenominal. 580 retail, cut to 180, ,then 50% off and I had a 25 coupon. So 65 shipped.

Laadies you have to check this watch out!!!!

Terry

who supposed to be liquidating her collection, not buying!!!!

Respected Contributor

Terry:  'who was supposed to be liquidating her collection, not buying',  Congralations on your new watch.  Sounds like a winner and it's bringing you lots of joy.   That's the important thing.   I'll try to find a picture of that Mickey automatic online.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone.  

Thx for the new thread, Java.  I thought for a moment maybe since we don’t have long threads anymore maybe we wouldn’t have to start a new thread.  Well, I am in agreement with you and we need a new thread.  I had a senior moment there, I guess. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Terry, I looked for that watch and the only one I could come up with is from Malaysia with a mineral crystal.  I’m confused, other than that your description is the same as the big face Mickey with white strap, red inside.  ??  

WOTD:  9C97E49E-72C5-45C3-A8F0-9B3098FC5FB1.jpegThe green dial doesn’t see the light of day that much.

Today was the day.  Love my automatics.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

It's been so hot and humid that I have not been wearing watches. Or any jewelry!

I noticed that they are seling Judith Ripka's chronograph on a leather strap. Choice of three colors.  I really like her wartches, but I find that the ones I really like are expensive for what you get and the ones that are more affordable are really not worth it. (I can find similar designs for cheaper.)

J385345

I was wondering about the impact of the China tariffs on watches. We're not supposed to touch political topics, but hey, it it makes the price of a watch go up......

Respected Contributor

Java:  I like that JR watch also,  but as usual,  I agree with your overall assessment.   

I hadn't thought about the impact on the price of watches... I don't know.   There is so much mark-up in watch pricing,  that the compainies selling (the Labels) them really have a high degree of flexibility in pricing.  They could absorb a small price increase if they wanted.... or pass it along.  I think the key in watch pricing will  continue to be in the discounting.   And maybe, watches with Swiss components or Japanese components or even Swiss made will compare more favorably in price to those from China.  Good thing none of us need another watch.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

JFYI.  It’s 15% off over there (ThankYou15) because it’s Customer Appreciation Day.  That would put my S. Coifman 33mm white MOP dial down to $188.  Hmmmm.  But anyone that doesn’t own the YT at 33mm sure ought to get it.  That is a gorgeous watch.

This is even better than free shipping at their $199 special. But I don’t need another watch.......just today and then its gone.  

Now on the Q...

Still love J356904 in white leather strap by Judith Ripka.  The white is still on wait list.  Hmmm.  Those that bought them must have kept them.  Not many returns, I guess.

That is a unique watch and I love something that you just don't see everyday.  Waiting for a sale also.  Smiley Wink When you own more watches than you can wear, you get picky. Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena:  I can see why you like that Judith Ripka rainbow watch.   It's very pretty.   But you are right,  when you own more watches than you can wear,  being picky is a very good trait.

With all the watches and handbags I own,  there are still days that I can't decide which is the 'perfect' watch and the 'perfect' handbag to complete my outfit.   Sad.