Frequent Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....... JULY 2016

Congrats @jenagal on taking the leap! So happy for you - wear it in good health!
Question: does having 5 links removed make the watch off balance? My wrist is as small as yours & I wonder if losing that many links from one side sets it askew. I want to be ready for when I take mine to be sized.
LJ congratulations to you too! I'm so glad you took a chance on such a beautiful timepiece! I think you will be thrilled with your purchase!
💎💎💎💎
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chefgal.  It looks like there are 5 removable links left on one side and 6 on the other. There are 2 links on each side I don't think should be removed. They remove an even number on each side, not all on one side.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much @jenagal - good to know! 😉
Respected Contributor

chefgal:  I often need an odd # of links removed from a watch.  Even tho my wrist isn't small,  some of the larger watches I buy have long bracelets.  

When I have links removed,  I ask the jeweler to take them out evenly from both sides. (A good jeweler will do this automatically).    If it's an odd # of links... I tell him which side I want to be shorter (and therefore have the extra link removed).

Some people like the 12 o'clock side of the bracelet shorter,  but I find the watch sits better on my wrist if the 6 o'clock side of the watch bracelet is shorter.  So I always have the extra link removed from the 6 o'clock side.

Just to add to the confusion,  watch bracelets and cases aren't all the same size,  and watch links are often different widths.  In addition some watches have 2 size links... regular and half links. And soft bracelets fit differently than bangle style bracelets.   It can make sizing a watch a bit of a trial and error process.   Sometimes the jeweler has to add back a link or take another one out after it's sized.  And for me,  a hot and humid day adds another 'dimension' to the process. Woman Frustrated

I'm sure your jewelry will be able to help you get the watch sized so it's comfortable on your wrist.  But I agree,  it's helpful to think about all these things in advance.

Trusted Contributor

My jeweler left the six o'clock side shorter without me saying anything.    Fits perfect.  

Evine is SO SLOW in moving their watches out and getting them on the road.  I ordered mine on the 5th and it's still in PROCESSING.  Now I can wait till Monday, I lose my patience.  When I order I want it NOW!!!!! Smiley Wink Smiley Sad(

Trusted Contributor

Good Rainey morning to you all.  Hope all the unrest in this country subsides quickly.

Question.  Has anyone found that the TechnoMarine ceramic they ordered lately has been shipped?   Mine still shows as in processing and how can that be?  They must have sold an order that had not yet arrived.  So if they are waiting for the watches this would be understandable.  It's a good thing they pull the cancel button for when waiting this long, even I would cancel even though I'm trying to be patient.  Has your TM watch been shipped?

Trusted Contributor

LJ, I see your watch has gone back up to 476.  The wht/SS with diamonds is now on sale for 329.  Just a heads up to everybody.  Ashford.com

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I saw the white one on the site this morning.  Very tempting, even tho it's a little more than the black one was.  If i could be sure it would fit ????????   I guess returning 2 at once is no more trouble than returning 1.  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Mr Rebates coupon works today on the Blue Manta on sale and brings the price down to under $300.  You need to override and put in the  correct coupon for the price AFF40

Trusted Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Jena:  I saw the white one on the site this morning.  Very tempting, even tho it's a little more than the black one was.  If i could be sure it would fit ????????   I guess returning 2 at once is no more trouble than returning 1.  Woman LOL

LJ, if we lived nearby I would let you try mine. It's a gorgeous watch and to my naked eye, the diamonds appear to be much nicer than the Invicta or Swiss Legend diamonds.