Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS....... JULY 2016

Hello all!

It's July and you know what that means: celebration of our nation's independence and a chance to enjoy summer with all of its activities. It's also means....sales. Smiley Happy

However you spend July,  we invite you to drop in on our Watch Collectors' thread. We are a group of avid collectors who are always interested in the latest trends or the best deals. Aside from that, if you have a particuar question, please ask. If we don't know the answer, we can find  out and learn right along with you.

Of course, if you'd like to say "Hi" and tell us about your latest acquisition, that's great too.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....... JULY 2016

Java:  Thanks for starting the new thread.  Boy,  you are up and online early in the morning.   No new watches for me,  hopefully I can wear and enjoy what I have for a whlle.  All this talk about diamonds in watches reminds me that I have a collection of Renato watches,  which are beautiful, that have great diamonds.  Time to give them some love again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JavaQueen I would occasionally post and ask questions or just try to join in but I would never, ever get a response from anyone.  Thinking maybe I'll try again because of your nice invite Smiley Happy  I love watches and have a huge collection.  Mostly Fossil, I know they are not the most sought-after or designer watches, but I've collected them for close to 15 years.  I own several Casio Baby-G watches and one Michele watch and few of Isaac's ceramic watches.  My most recent purchase was a Gucci watch from Evine and an Invicta Love and Peace watch. 

Again, thanks for the invitation.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sparklestar, welcome to the group.  Sorry about missing you before.  We certainly are addicted to watches and it looks like you are not new to the game yourself.  It's fun, looking at the collection but not enough to time to wear them all.  

Everytime I think I am done collecting, along comes another treasure that I seek.  I finally captured the TechnoMarine Blue Manta black ceramic with RT and a scattering of diamonds.  Maybe I'm done now unless the white mate shows up at a great price.

Please post with us.  We look forward to it.  

Happy Independence Day everyone.

Thx Java for the new thread.  You were really on it today.  Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Hi sparkestar

Welcome. 

My life get sort of crazy--I don't work a 9 to 5, but when I get projects, I get insanely busy and sometimes don't check in. 

Sorry about that.

It's good to hear from others about their different watches. We can become insular (without meaning to.)  Casio is a great product and reliable. Used a lot by dr. and nurse friends. Michele watches are great and for the money and the style Isaac and Judith R. have released some nice items.

FYI: I have noticed some Judith R. watches on clearance here at the Q, so it's now or never.

I recently received an email from Michele and they some models that have been reduced 40 percent. Not sure about how long that lasts.

FYI: There is Invicta Women of the Hour show slated for today at 11am EST.

The Bone Collector is $149. IMO, that is probably what the watch should have been all along--given the specs. So if you like it and held back because of the price, here's your chance.

LavJ: Sometimes my early rising isn't. I might have been working most of the night and just hadn't made it to bed yet. Sometimes I don't go to bed until the publication does. Deadlines.

Respected Contributor

Sparklestar:  Welcome.  Sounds like you have a really nice watch collection and the most important thing is that you enjoy them.  Most of us have collections that include many different brands and price points.   Some of our watches are just fun to wear,  or go with our outfits,  and others are treasured for some specific design element, for the movement inside,  for the diamonds, for the overall look, or just because.   Which Gucci watch did you get?  I saw some of the shows, and was very tempted.

Respected Contributor

There will be lots of watch shows on Sunday and then all day Monday on evine.  Hide your credit cards.

Respected Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Sparklestar:  Welcome.  Sounds like you have a really nice watch collection and the most important thing is that you enjoy them.  Most of us have collections that include many different brands and price points.   Some of our watches are just fun to wear,  or go with our outfits,  and others are treasured for some specific design element, for the movement inside,  for the diamonds, for the overall look, or just because.   Which Gucci watch did you get?  I saw some of the shows, and was very tempted.

Thank you all for the welcome. It's fund talking with others who share the same obsession.   @Lavenderjunkie I got the horsebit watch with black MOP face

Image result for gucci horsebit watch

Respected Contributor

Sparklelstar:  Your new watch is really very striking.  The style is so distinctive and high fashion.  Enjoy wearing it.

Frequent Contributor

Hi all! I always follow & enjoy your forum - I've learned a lot & I thank you all for that! I'm an avid watch lover with a carefully cultivated, growing collection. I hope you don't mind a question:
I recently purchased a Swiss Legend Neptune ceramic with a silicone band - my first. I love it but the band is too big. I took it to my trusty jeweler & he said he has no way to size it. He told me to take it to a cobbler. I don't want to put my new beige beauty in the hands of a non-jewelry professional, so this concerns me. Has anyone else needed this service, & how did you handle it? I'm trying to live with it but the 44 mm case is already overwhelming my small wrist & the loose band just compounds the issue.
Thank you so much for any suggestions!