Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS....... JULY 2016

Thx LJ. Yes it's tempting to buy the blk with diamonds over the white without diamonds at the same price. But I ordered the white anyway. I'd like the white with diamonds with RT at this ridiculous price but if I wait, I may lose this one. Who said I was done buying watches......lol.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena:  it never ends.  Once we find a style we like,  we want to collect all the colors and variations.  And when we see a good sale,  all our self control goes out the window.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

The cancel button has been taken away on my latest purchase.  I'm rethinking all this and I'm holding off on sizing the black RT.  When the wht RT gets here, I will decide if the blk is really worth the 200$ more for it.  The way these are all of a sudden available, I'm afraid if I keep the blk one, the sale price will get better.  If the blk SS with diamonds can go as low as $297. Then why won't the RT be offered later in blk at a better price.?  I'm going to get both of them here and decide then what I am going to do.  The thing I don't want to happen is not being able to release either of them. Smiley Sad 

Here I was sitting on a nice collection, not needing or wanting more and then the BLUE Mantas became available.  It never ends, you are right..LJ.

Frequent Contributor

@jenagal wrote:

Ok gals, I just noticed 633-739 the RT/wht ceramic TechnoMarine without diamonds on a once only sale.  $297.48.  Can you believe it?  It looks like starting tomorrow at 5PM CT it may be shown.  I'm tempted...just to see what I think over the diamond one.  Anytime in the past when I have ordered both to send one back, I end up with both.  

Just a heads up if anyone here is interested in this watch at a great price.  

Comments!!

I attempted an order with a quantity of 10 and it was going to let me order.  How many they have is a good question.  Check it out.  Smiley Wink

OMG, OMG - I put it in my cart!!! Thank you @jenagal! Now I have to pull it together & make an informed decision. First, please tell me the band isn't 9 inches. My wrist is very small. @jenagal is it a true 38 mm or oversized with the case. I'm worried I'm too small to carry it. I never had to make a decision so quickly & $300 ++ is a lot of money to me! Ack! What to do?!

Trusted Contributor

Chefgal, my wrist is less than 6".  I don't expect to have trouble with the fit.  The 9" has to be a typo.  It should be 7", all the rest of the Blue Mantas are. The 38mm case which does not include the crown (stem) & It's a nice size.  Of course there was a time when I thought 35mm was humungeous.  Lol.  Once the watch is sized, the feel of heaviness goes away.  Anyway I ordered mine right away for I didn't want them to sell out on me.  I can't wait till it gets here.  Remember, you can always send it back if it's not to your liking, but given the chance I think you will certainly keep it.

Frequent Contributor

Oh, @jenagal thank you SO much for your reply! I'm so excited I'm SWEATING thinking about actually OWNING this beauty! I actually have a big birthday coming up in two weeks & for me this will perfectly mark the occasion! I'm getting it - it's MINE!! You're a good friend for giving me the benefit of your experience & sharing valuable information - THANK YOU! I was going to second LJ's suggestion that you get your black Manta sized & enjoy - but now I'm happy you waited. Congratulations to us! Who needs diamonds - we sparkle enough!! ❤❤❤
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lol, chefgal.  That big sparkle coming out of the Midwest is me!!  Woo Hoo!!   So you ordered the RT/wht TM.  I bet it is a beauty.  Although I think the diamonds would show up more on this combo than the blk, for the $200 extra for those diamonds I'm still pondering.  Granted they are great looking diamonds I'm sure is a quandary over them.  But $200 is 200.    I hope we get two fresh watches.  Good luck.

Also an early Happy Birthday gal.  They creep up on you fast. Smiley Wink

632-835 vs 633-739

Respected Contributor

chefgal :  Let me add best wishes for a happy birthday.  Hopefully your beautiful new watch will arrive so you can really celebrate.   I loved the excitement in your post.  That is what this watch collectors thread is really all about.... sharing our love and excitement of watches.  We would often 'chat' during watch shows, asking each other questions, pointing out the good and the hidden info.

And since we are all different,  it's always helpful to find someone who already has a watch who can tell us how it would fit.  Some of the ladies here have very small wrists, as you do,  and others have larger wrists.  At both ends it's important to know in advance if the watch will work for you.  No one wants to have to return a watch because it doesn't fit.

The printed specs for the watch you ordered are wrong.  I've checked on other sites and the lades 38mm BlueManta is always listed as 7" long.  And Jena has one,  and she has a small wrist.   I asked her about it earlier,  because I wanted to order it too.   But based on how it fits a small wrist,  I know I probably wouldn't be comfortable with it on my 7" wrist.  So,  I had to pass.  But I'm glad you were able to get in on the watch.

But don't cry for me.... I have more than enough watches in my collection,  so I really didn't need to obsess over a new style and then feel it necessary to collect multiple colors.Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Lavenderjunkie, I hope you are having a great summer. I have not visited here in a while but saw your post today about the TM blue manta - the 7 inch size they state for the bracelet is pretty generous. I have the the RT blue manta with the diamonds and my wrist is exactly 5-1/2 inches . When I took the watch to my jeweller to have it sized one of the sales ladies at the store wanted to try the watch on and her wrist is 7 inches. It fit her perfectly. But there was no drape. I had to get 4 or 5 links taken out for it to fit my wrist  if I remember right. Just thought I'd let you know in case you are ever tempted to try it. It is a beautiful watch and the diamonds are superb. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @jenagal, I got both the RT blue manta white ceramic watches home at one time  , with and without diamonds and sent the one without diamonds back. The diamonds definitely add that extra sparkle to the beautiful watch. I did not love  the blue manta without the diamonds when I had both watches to compare. Just wanted to share my thoughts. I think you are going to keep both !!! Enjoy them, they are beautiful watches.