Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS..... JANUARY 2019

I already have this two-tone beauty (Citizen Corso), as does (I think) Jena, but I just got an email from Jomawatch that it's on sale for MLK Day right now at only $99.00, which is an awesome price:

Image result for citizen corso two tone eco drive ladies

Honored Contributor

my husband collects watches. He has a drawer full of Invictas, timex, $5 buck cheapies. If he likes the look of the watch and would look smart with the outfits he wears, he will purchase the watch.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the newbies here.  Love it when more check in.  We love our watches and a good sale or code will certainly get us moving.  

Aub, that’s a great price on that two tone Citizen.  Anyone here that does not have a Eco Drive Citizen, here is your chance.  You won’t regret it.  Aub, what’s happening with the CORSO you have that is losing time, big time?  Did you send it in?

So far my 4 are right on time.  Thx for the enabling.

Jazzy, I’m glad you are back in one piece.  Now the big vacation is behind you, and life goes on.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

@jenagal  The one I was having trouble with is the two tone Corso, but it hasn't acted up in several weeks now, so maybe it's decided to behave itself.  I've been leaving my Eco Drives in a tray that I put under the light on my nightstand in my bedroom at night for the evening & they've  all been keeping perfect time.  Hope it stays that way.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aub, I place my 3 Eco’s (and 1 Seiko Kinetic) In a tray near my hanging tv in the bedroom,  So at night they get the tv lite for a few hours and all during the day, they are facing an open window.  More light.  So far everyone is keeping step.  I feel like they like this light and I shudder to think of hiding them in a dark compartment.  Anyway, I love them all.  All I need are these 4, and I have tons more that are dying and need battery changes and I have no desire to wear most of them.  I know in the 2 years + time of a battery change, there are many times those watches never get worn before they are dying again.  Thats the great thing about these Citizen ECO Drives.  

Now tomorrow being MLK Holiday, Jomashop is selling the TTfor $99.  Right?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, I'm also guilty of only reaching for my EcoDrives when selecting a watch to wear. 

I haven't even looked at any of the other watches in my collection & I'm sure I have some deadies that need batteries, too.  My jeweler has started charging $25 to install new batteries that are guaranteed for 2 years, but I think most of the batteries he used to just charge $10 for also lasted for 2 years, so I need to find somewhere else for battery changes. 

These Eco-Drives are just too easy to care for after so many years of quartz watches, just leave them in some light & they're happy.

ETA:  Yes, the two-tone Corso is still $99 at Jomashop

Respected Contributor

Jena, Aubnwa:  I'm trying to resist that sale.   I don't need another watch.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Lav J, The tt is my most go to watch.  Also the best sale.  

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I know,  I know, I know.  And it's a beautiful watch with no batteries to change.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

No declaration of the TT purchase, LJ.  Now it shows “out of stock”.  Well I see another one I’ve had my eye on is on a Valentines sale now.  AUB. Do you own the Modena?  I’m sure it was $135 yesterday, and they dropped it to  $119.  I would love to have a rose gold that didn’t look coppery or a darkened down metal, like having a patina look to it.  I have quite a few RG in the Renato’s and Invicta’s.  Do I need another?  Only if it has a nice look to it.  I viewed a video on Jomashop, I believe showing a RG with that stark white dial.  In the video, the RG was lovely.  I don’t think the video belonged to the Modena.  There was another that didn’t have its own name.  Can you enlighten me, Aub?  I do love these ECO drives, what can I say.

Ok LJ, you just can’t get in the mood, right?  Lol.