Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS - - - - - JANUARY 2017

Happy New Year to all. Here's hoping 2017 brings blessings of happiness and good health.

It's been a while....

As we celebrate a New Year, we welcome all watch enthusiasts. Whether a long-time collector, or someone who is looking for help with a new timepiece, you are welcome.

Of course, if you're "just looking," want to drop in and say "Hi," that's fine, too!

Let's get started.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS - - - - - JANUARY 2017

Happy New Year watch collectors.   Java,  thanks for starting the January tread.

I'm pleased to say I'm not tempted by any watches lately.   Good thing,  because I already have too many. Smiley Happy  And I've been going back and forth to the jeweler getting batteries replaced.  Everytime I put a watch away I find another few that need a new battery. Once this phase is over,  I'm sure I'll be craving a new treasure.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone. Stopping in to say Happy New Year!

It's my first day of retirement!! Woman Happy

Only new watch was back in late November, getting a puppy edition of SAN I.

I am going to Germany a week from Thursday due to illness of SO's aunt. It's also her 50th wedding anniversary. I'll take one dressier watch (Renato wilde-Beast with diamonds) and an automatic watch for everyday so as to not worry about the battery going.

Frequent Contributor

Hello all & a very Happy New Year! It's been a while, I know but I've been trying to be good & just enjoy my collection 😉 However, I've been watching the Invicta shows on Evine & found a few temptations. Hmmm... Nothing like a new watch to brighten a dreary January. Tonight I pulled the trigger on the new SAN I puppy edition in purple. Love it! I really wanted it but was going to wait - but I think the price was good for a Swiss movement & being a limited edition, it may sell out. Oh, well it's mine now! 🌞
Wishing everyone health, happiness & great watches! ❤❤❤
Trusted Contributor

Java, LJ, Jazzy and Chefgal.  Welcome back to the watch addiction site. Smiley Wink.  I can say that I've been wearing my 2 XO Skeletons, the SS and GT.  I haven't worn them for over a year, I suppose.  I decided to start wearing those that have been sleeping a long time.  No need for new ones.  I just gathered up 15 deadies and 1 watch to size. My white ceramic Blue Manta once sized will be on the wrist.  I can't wait to wear it.  I must head to the jeweler again.  I waited till after Christmas so he wouldn't have a stroke when I waltzed in with my load.  Smiley Sad.  

Have a safe trip Jazzy.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Regular Contributor

Happy New Year!!!  Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday with their loved ones.

@JazzyVR Congrats on your retirement!!!  Enjoy!!!

Respected Contributor

I worked on two projects, came down with a virus on Christmas Eve and then started having dental issues. My thoughts haven't been on watches.

My daily wear watch has been the 34mm Pro Diver automatic. It's the Goldilocks of watches at 34mm, clean stainless steel and no batteries. Smiley Happy

Jazzy, congratualtions on your retirement.  Wishig you a safe trip. As always, it iss good to hear from you.

Merrylass, it's been quite  a while. A warm Happy New Year to you. Hope you have been well. Always good to see you post.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Java,  hope you are feeling better.

Great to hear from so many watch buddies... and welcome back Merrylass and Chefgal.  It's nice that some of us are enjoying the watches we already own,  while others have a new treasure on the way.  We just enjoy talking about watches... old and new,  so keep up the conversation.

Last watch on my wrist was an Invicta with a turquoise dial,  it matched my sweater perfectly.  I still have a ton of watches that need new batteries.  Hopefully I'll get to the jeweler this week.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

Jazzy,  congratulations of your retirement.... at long last.  Hope you have a good trip.

Trusted Contributor

@Merrylass wrote:

Happy New Year!!!  Hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday with their loved ones.

@JazzyVR Congrats on your retirement!!!  Enjoy!!!

Good to see you Merrylass.  Long time no see.

We used to have fun buying those Renatos and watching Daniel Mink.  Long past, I'm afraid.  Anyway I have 8 R's to cart to the jeweler, plus others.  Fun!   Stop around more often. Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Lots of invicta shows coming up this weekend. Please check your listings. The TTV is either a humungous men's watch or some version of the Grand Diver pro diver.

Somehow I missed the launch of the automatic SANI with gemstones. It has an auto movement, but the usual one we have been seeing. This is the first auto SAN they have ever made for women and I have collected subaquas for as long as they have been around. I can't see it going below $300 if it ever does. Did they need to put gems on it? No.

If you missed out something, you might have a chance to pick something up.