Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--JANUARY 2014

Java, I did notice the blk CR sold out finally. But I didn't realize they were all gone. Maybe it didn't sell out after all. Maybe just had the stock pulled......again. I hope not.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

On 1/4/2014 jenagal said: Java, I did notice the blk CR sold out finally. But I didn't realize they were all gone. Maybe it didn't sell out after all. Maybe just had the stock pulled......again. I hope not.

No XO either. Think about Avi going off to JTV. Right?

Those emails inviting us to "buy direct?" Sheesh. They should make up their minds.

renatoshop.com

Contributor

It's strange to see a business go wrong. Renato had such a successful line of women's watches, and, for whatever reason, severely cut back on the offerings. Too bad for us.......On another note, I'm still wondering about the Technomarine watch premiere show on HSN tomorrow night at 11:00pm. It's listed in their program guide, but they have no TM watches in their inventory. What's up here? Anyone know?
Respected Contributor

Hi Mariner....

Well, they certainly took missteps with Renato. And the problem was they didn't mend fences. Some men paid for $$$ that were never made. Apparently, the money wasn't returned to all of them. (I suspect that they did their money back but want to behave like spoiled children and hold a grudge.) Then enter the Great Recession and the bankruptcy of DM"s partner.

Danel Miink also didn't contain damage once it was unleashed on line. That resulted in people not being able to discuss Renato on Watch Geeks. (This per request of Daniel Mink to Eyal Lalo. They have a Facebook presence, but all of this feeds off of each other.) You have other forums where it is forbidden to discuss Renato. This is during an age where online presence and proper use of social media is everything. The cost of materials to produce watches and jewelry has gone up exponentially. They cannot produce what we were once able to buy. It would cost thousands and thousands. Who pays that for a non-Swiss product?

A mix of bad business decisions and bad luck.

Regarding TM:

I don't know anything about their HSN presence. Don't regard it as a positive sign. They were once pretty high-end. If you end up on a shopping channel under those circumstances, your brand probably needs new exposure and/or new outlets. This was a Swiss Brand. One of the watches I own retailed $2K.

Sometimes if they are going to "premiere" a line, they wait to release product online. Perhaps this is one of those things. You will just have to see.

Respected Contributor

Speaking of online presence, I asked upthread but it got buried. Has anyone been able to log into Invicta's site to register a warranty? I've been trying for weeks & using various browsers & it always says "Login Has Failed, Please try Again Later".

I'm only trying to register a $50 watch, so it's not a big deal if it doesn't get registered, but it doesn't make me want to spend $$$ on an Invicta anytime soon, if they can't get their site fixed after all this time.

Trusted Contributor

Well Aub, I thought you only had 30 days from order date to register. Also I just tried to login in and it says login has failed. I asked for my login info, and it comes up already filled in and it must be right. I also deleted the completed info and did it over and it still says login failed. Something must be wrong and the company should be emailed. I can't imagine how long this has gone on. I surely don't think that all these watches aren't getting registered and they don't know there is a problem. I don't get it. I hit the register a warranty option and the animation above shows a warranty card! The site knows what I want but just won't let me login. HTH. ETA: I emailed them, I told them we both are trying to login. You probably should bug them too.
Respected Contributor

Jena, I started trying well before Christmas, so it's not a new problem. I thought maybe once the holidays were over, they'd fix it for sure, but that hasn't happened yet. I'll try again tomorrow & see if it's fixed. I do have their info to call or email, but was trying to accomplish it online. It's just not worth all this hassle.

ETA: I thought we had until Jan. 30th to register the warranty, or is that just the Q?

aub

Trusted Contributor

Aub, Invicta is strict on that 30 day registration. Now if you email or call them about how long you have been trying, they may go ahead and accept it. Good luck.
Respected Contributor

On 1/5/2014 aubnwa01 said:

Jena, I started trying well before Christmas, so it's not a new problem. I thought maybe once the holidays were over, they'd fix it for sure, but that hasn't happened yet. I'll try again tomorrow & see if it's fixed. I do have their info to call or email, but was trying to accomplish it online. It's just not worth all this hassle.

ETA: I thought we had until Jan. 30th to register the warranty, or is that just the Q?

aub

Sorry aub...

Your thread got buried. I am still trying to adjust to Win8 and I can't keep track of the windows. Not like Windows 7. My response never got posted .The site still must not be working. You will have to call them directly with invoice info (groan) and they will input it for you. That is what they reported on the Geeks site.

Respected Contributor

Oh, well, if I'm past the time I can register it, I'll just remember this the next time I'm considering buying another Invicta!

You'd think as many watches as they sell, they'd have a website that works, so one doesn't have to call them in person. I can see the site being down, but not for this long. I mean, how expensive can it be to have a site that works so your employees don't have to stop what they're doing to do stuff that should be done online? If this has been an ongoing problem that's been mentioned on WG, you'd think Eyal or MD would get on it & see that it's fixed. Not good for business.

Sheesh!

aub (who's cranky tonight!)

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}