Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS...... February 2018

Gracie:  I like your style!   Amazing that the list prices on those watches are so high and people buy them.... guess it's all part of the excitement of being on vacation and having something to remind you of the good times.   And when you consider the cost of going to the theme parts, at least the watch people bring home can be worn over and over for years.   So it's a relative bargain.  

Enjoy your new watches.  When you buy at a great sale price it's much easier to add more to your collection.  Smart shopping.

Respected Contributor

Lots of watch shows this week during the Invicta cruise.   Has anyone seen any treasures they want to own?

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkiewrote:

Yellow:  great to have the feedback on the new Baby Lupah design.   I saw it and thought.... I like that even better than all those Baby Lupahs I have.  I only resisted adding it to my collection because I have so many watches already and am trying to save my purchases for things that I just can't resist.

Enjoy your new watch.

Thank you.Smiley Happy  I have the peace and love one but this one is really nice.  Rose tone is lovely.  I am watching the Florida shows.  I am really enjoying them.  Especially since it is snowing where I live lol.

Trusted Contributor

Hey, we watch junkies ought to get on that Invicta Cruise and meet each other.Smiley Wink
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Saw a This Day Only, 40mm Invicta ProDiver on this morning with the iridescent band, black dial and bezel, automatic movement.  Haven't checked out the specs yet, but for just under $100 I thought it might be an inexpensive way for someone who wanted to try the iridescent.  The black dail and bezel tone down the multicolor look and I think make it more wearable.   I'm going to check it out later.  I've been tempted to buy and iridescent but the other styles have been more expensive and have paired fancier dials with the iridescent bezel, case, and bracelet.  I've had second thoughts about how long I would love a watch with so much going on.

Trusted Contributor

LavJ,  that is a nice looking watch and I've been watching that color of band also.  But always too much money.  What about a watch put together in Malaysia????  Mineral crystal?  It's a nice size dial though and uncluttered.  It's tempting.  If you buy one it may push me off the fence.  Woman Very HappyWoman Wink  Anyone else out there tempted?Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Jena:  so far,  I'm resisting.  I have so many watches and I think the iridescent is something that would appeal to me for a limited amount of time.  Price is fine,  specs are fine.  Many of the other prodivers have the same specs, same movement, same country of origin, etc and I haven't had a problem with them.   Doesn't mean I couldn't,  as I've had problems with watches with Swiss components.  I wouldn't want to pay big bucks for a watch assembled in Malaysia or with a movement made in Malaysia,  but on this particular watch it has a Japanese movement and the price is really good.  I'm just not convinced about the iridescent... I'm curious, but not enough to risk having to return it.

Trusted Contributor

So far the iridesecent  is still there for $99.99.  I can't make myself buy another watch.  It's a great buy for those who don't have a slew of watches already.  

Respected Contributor

Jena:  you are on to something.   We just have so many watches that it's hard to get excited about another one now.  When will I feel that way about handbags?  Soon,

I hope.