Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS...... February 2018

Wow Chip. That's an awesome watch.  I'm anxious for you to tell us more about it.  Welcome to the group also.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Last night they launched the "Gen II" version of the Baby Lupah. I actually like the look of it.

I think it's sligltly larger than the Women's Lupah. We also have seen the Lady's Lupah and the Lady's Lupah Revolution.  (That one is probably my favorite.). So maybe it;s nothing that longtime Lupah collectors have seen.

However, given the price point, this is probably the lest expensive way to get a larger size Baby Lupah. The larger sized Lupahs are always more expensive, because they have increased WR ATM. Back in the day, of course, they had Swiss movements.  Another thing: unlike: women can still use their other 15mm straps on this watch. It's harder to find the 18mm and 20mm straps. (They can be found, but you don't see very many strap sets.)

My thinking, though, is that original is a great size for women who hate a big watch.  Only a minority of women would that "big and clunky."

Valued Contributor

I am a fan of high quality character watches. I purchase 2 Invicta  Micky mouse  limited edtion watches at Tjmaxx. 23770 retail@695.00 ( purchase for $79.00 dollars and 24132 retail @$995.00. for $100.00 dollars.No way would I pay retail .eBay offers these same watches more than Tjmaxx. prices. 

With valentines  gift cards I really got a bargain. Mickey mouse to me bring back childhood memories.Today I would never visit Disneyland ,but the nostalgia of my childhood brings back happy memories. Peanuts  watch collection by Coach I purchased last year.Also a big fan of Snoopy.

My favourite watch brands are Movado,Coach ,Bulova and now Invicta.As with everything new I purchase i give something to charity.That's after many years I only keep my absolute favorites. I have a total of  11 watches from 30 years of collections.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, and welcome to the watch collectors thread.  Sounds like you got some really good deals on your 2 recent watch purchases. Invicta makes some really nice watches.

You've found a nice way to manage the size of your watch collection... keeping those you really like and wear and finding new homes for the others.  I share some of my watches with my sister and friends.  I've wondered if giving them to charity along with clothing donations would help the watches find good homes.

I also have watches in the brands you mentioned, as well as Renato and others.  As I've collected more (too many} I've come to focus not only on the style/looks of the watch,  but also on the quality of the components, and of course,  the value.  Finding a great buy often makes a watch seem even more interesting.... I'm not sure that's a good thing for me.   When I read you found some great deals at TJM,  I want to check out the stores near me to see if they have any treasures.  Smiley Happy

Enjoy your new watches.  Now I need to look up those styles to see what treasures you found.

OK,  I'm back.  I love the dials on your new watches.  I have several Invicta's similar to the second watch, with the metal bracelet... it's a very comfortable watch to wear.

Regular Contributor

@GRACIEwrote:

@I am a fan of high quality character watches. I purchase 2 Invicta  Micky mouse  limited edtion watches at Tjmaxx. 23770 retail@695.00 ( purchase for $79.00 dollars and 24132 retail @$995.00. for $100.00 dollars.No way would I pay retail .eBay offers these same watches more than Tjmaxx. prices. 

With valentines  gift cards I really got a bargain. Mickey mouse to me bring back childhood memories.Today I would never visit Disneyland ,but the nostalgia of my childhood brings back happy memories. Peanuts  watch collection by Coach I purchased last year.Also a big fan of Snoopy.

My favourite watch brands are Movado,Coach ,Bulova and now Invicta.As with everything new I purchase i give something to charity.That's after many years I only keep my absolute favorites. I have a total of  11 watches from 30 years of collections.

Gracie, Welcome aboard.  The other night I responded and I see it went into cyberspace.  Now to remember what I said.  Smiley Wink. What an accomplishment to be a collector for 30 years and end up with only 11 watches.  My sister doesn't like any dial over 24mm so I ended up buying larger than that years ago.  I remember when I first bought the 30mm, Wow I thought.  Then we stumbled into the Renato's and they basically were 35mm so up we went again.  Seems like my favorite size is the 38 - 40mm.  

I'm anxious to hear your reviews on your new watches.  Fun, isn't it?  It's like Christmas and we never can wait.  I would suppose I own more Invictas than anything else.  Renato probably second.  The next time I am out at our TJMaxx, I'll have to look at their watches.  Thx for the heads up.

The retail prices on these watches are ridiculous.  I can't imagine they ever sold for that retail anywhere, maybe on a cruise.  If they offer discount coupons or codes, I've had the course.  I must run or I will be buying again.  I'm trying to happy with what I have now.  I bought a Seiko Kinetic Automatic and now I don't want to wear anything else.  I don't even want to go through my watches looking for dead soldiers.  

Good to see you.  Stop back often.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  don't remind me about dead batteries.   When I was picking out my watch for today I came across at least 6 that had the wrong time.... and I didn't even look.   I ended up wearing an Invicta automatic prodiver in GT with a red dial.  I'm still celebrating Valentines day with red handbags, so the watch was perfect with my red Dooney.   

Love those automatics.  Glad you are enjoying your Seiko.

Regular Contributor

LavJ,  you should have purchased that Kinetic also.  Looks like it's gone forever.  It took away all my wanting of watches besides being a really unique watch in itself.  

I let this Valentines go buy without wearing any red watches.  Just put my Seiko on and never gave it another thought.  We do have some awesome 'red' watches though.  Mine are going to waste.  Bummer.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the welcome @Lavenderjunkie & @Jena gal. I love both  Invicta watches,I wear the black silicone bracelet with stainless steel  for more casual look and the stainless steel band for more dressy look.

What I like about theses Mickey mouse watches they are not child like,both the bands are substainal and classic, and they do look expensive. The sales lady at TJmaxx said the watches are sold at Disney world for those crazy retail prices. She when on vacation @Disney world in January and look at the prices of the watches and most were the retail listed prices. To me I would never pay $700.00 or $995.00 for a watch. The most I have paid is $300.00 dollars. Love sales!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am under 5 feet, weight between 115 to 120 Ibs, drive a Ford 150 pickup truck, and  have a small wrist of 6.50 and I also love  large face watches that are from 38mm to 40mm.I only have 2 watches that under 38mm, one is 25 inch oval( Marc Jacobs),the other 30 round face(Bulova).

I was wearing  large faces watches long before it became a trend.  Also love the substainal  stainless steel bands ones, are my favorite style. Round face,square, oval face, watches are in my collection. I have seen a tringle  style,for $1,500.00, thanks but only if I win the lottery. I have had a obession of watches and handbags as long as I can remember. I have pass that obession of watch collection on to my over 6 feet son. I beleive he has more than me, I did give him a couple for gifts.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkiewrote:

It's a new month so it's time for a new watch collectors thread.  Everyone is welcome to stop by and chat about watches they love and those they are considering adding to their collection.

Watch of the day:  rosetone Renato Beauty with chocolate dial and diamond chronograph eyes.  It's part of my effort to wear what I own and also to incorporate my brown handbags into my outfits.   Today I'm carrying a black Dooney zip zip with dark brown trim.  The brown dial watch, along with brown shoes and brown leather gloves are color accents to tie it all together with the black slacks and wine sweater.

Hello everyone.  I do enjoy this forum.  I post whenever I get another watch,  lol.  I am not a big collector but I do enjoy a new watch now and then.  I just received my new gen Invicta. Lupah in gold tone.  I am very happy with this purchase.  Just wanted to spread the news.  Enjoy your evening everyone.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Yellow:  great to have the feedback on the new Baby Lupah design.   I saw it and thought.... I like that even better than all those Baby Lupahs I have.  I only resisted adding it to my collection because I have so many watches already and am trying to save my purchases for things that I just can't resist.

Enjoy your new watch.