Respected Contributor

WATCH COLLECTORS...... February 2018

It's a new month so it's time for a new watch collectors thread.  Everyone is welcome to stop by and chat about watches they love and those they are considering adding to their collection.

Watch of the day:  rosetone Renato Beauty with chocolate dial and diamond chronograph eyes.  It's part of my effort to wear what I own and also to incorporate my brown handbags into my outfits.   Today I'm carrying a black Dooney zip zip with dark brown trim.  The brown dial watch, along with brown shoes and brown leather gloves are color accents to tie it all together with the black slacks and wine sweater.

Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS...... February 2018

Hi LavJ,

Thank you for starting the thread for February. Coming down with a cold and trying to meet a deadline. I just happened to wake up and realize that it;s February 1.

Frequent Contributor

LOVE my watches and LOVE new watches!!!

Respected Contributor

A warm welcome to PattySC! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Android/Aragon watch fans:

Wing has brought out genuine gemstone dial watches with auto movements on leather strap.

This is a top value of $99.99. plus the box.

The smaller of the two is 43mm . 

Respected Contributor

Java:  hope you feel better soon.   I like the Aragon watches,  but they are just too big for me.  Wing needs to get back to 38mm sizes for some of those classic pieces if he wants to tempt me.   I have quite a few of his older designs in ceramic and they are beautiful.  I know they were 40mm or smaller.   But the watches I've bought that were 42mm,  especially the automatics,  while great to look at,  are too big,  too thick, and too heavy.  I guess anything that keeps me from buying more watches is a good thing. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

PattySC: welcome to the watch collectors thread. Do you have a favorite brand of watches or a style you favor?
Trusted Contributor

Welcome PattySC.  The more the merrier.  We love our watches too.  Our credit cards used to leave the room running and smokin....lol.  We were into the Renato's when they were being shown but all good things come to an end.  We are heavy into the Invicta's too.  It's a good pastime watching the watch shows but it's expensive.  Good to see you here.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie,

Today I found a great bargain and could not help it, Cartier Pasha...🌻second or third hand awesome price you know the feeling.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

CHIP::   bargain and Cartier in the same sentence....congratulations.   I have to go see if I can find a picture of the style.  

OK,  I'm back.   I love your new watch.   Perfect size,  great specs, of course.   Tell me more about it.... is yours a chronograph?  on a bracelet or strap?