Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS......FEBRUARY 2019

Because some of them were pretty cool and had great prices? Smiley Happy i still wear 40mm watches.  

Respected Contributor

For those fans of the Bolt and meteorite, evine has their cruise event.  Also, the Zeus' are on sale. Under $200.

Trusted Contributor

Ok Java, I looked up the Zeus.  I remember when I couldn’t live without them, I think I have 3.  Anyway looking at the specs now they are Japan and I’m sure ours didn’t say that.  But I love that look and now I must dig mine out and wear them.  Probably sitting there needing batteries. Smiley Happy

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

February being a 28 day month, is a watch collectors nightmare.

Months with 31 days , is their dream.

I used to change dates on the first of the month.

Now I change them when I wear them.

I recall back when I owned like 5 watches.  

Zipping to now, that’s all I ever needed.....lol.

Soon to be March and no one advises they bought a new watch.  Years back, that was impossible.  

....a slow news day, my soap is being covered up by the Michael Cohen Testimony special report.  My radio show is covered up by basketball.  Bummer.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Well, tomorrow it will be March 1.

Very cold here. Watches are the last thing on the mind right now.

In the back of my mind, I always knew there would be a time when I would slow down or stop on the watch collecting.People go through life changes, discover other interests, etc.  Before my life hit RESET, I would sit and look at some of my craziest purchases and ask myself if I could see me wearing the watch at age 70 or 80?  That help a lot. Or just even thinking about how it woud look in 5 years? So I would either give them away or sell them. I'd say there are 10 that I wear. Sometimes it's only three. There are some I go back to over and over again: my pro Divers (automatic), my Deco Clone, my Raymond Weil and a few interesting Invictas.That's it. I still think there's some cool pieces out there and I look like at them like classic and antique cars. Smiley Happy

It's a good thing, Jena. I think it was a blast collecting them and I've learned to appreciate what's there in front of you. Unfortunately, I started "collecting" bags again. Sigh.

We set the clocks ahead on March 10. I'll note that when I start the next thread for March.

Respected Contributor

Hi Java and Jenagal, and other watch collectors:  

I did see the Bolt and thought about it.   Then thought about all the watches I already have and love and don't get to wear (enough).   So,  the moment passed.   Years ago,  I would have found a color to order because... I didn't have that exact style in that color,  or some such justification.

Now it's kind of liberating not to feel the need to buy more.  There will always be temptations,  and I'm sure we will buy more watches.   But a slower pace allows me to appreciate each one I have or buy,  just a little more.  

I wait to reset watches,  for date and time (DST, etc) until I wear them.  Too many watches, too much time to do the task otherwise.   The one area I'm falling down on is winding my automatics at least once a month.

I can check the quartz watches for battery replacement when I open the watch box to get something,  or every month or so to see what needs to go to the jeweler.   But the time to wind the automatics seems to push that task down the to do list far too often.

Respected Contributor

Oopss...it's March 1. Time to start that thread!