Frequent Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--FEBRUARY 2016

Hi Ladies.

It's been a while. I was going to pop in with the Evine news and see Java beat me to it! Their stock closed at 66 cents today, no doubt fueled by this news. I don't think they're going to make it unless someone steps in with cash.

No new watch purchases for me. Have to think about impending retirement, you know Woman Tongue! I've been wearing my Technomarine Neoclassic with diamonds a lot, as well as the SANI abalone dial.

I did get a Dooney tote (Charleston) from their website at a great price.

Respected Contributor

Hi Jazzy!

Good to hear from you. Didn't mean to steal your thunder!  Smiley Happy If evine goes away, that's not the end of the world. I feel more for the people who are employed there--the little guys.

That Technomarine is a great watch.   That Charleston tote is also a winner.

I am sure we all more than enough watches to last us for several life times.. If we put all our collections together, we'd  either have a watch museum or store. Even though I am nowhere near retirement, the self-employed status has dramatically changed the way I think of purchases, so I get it It's better to have the cash. Lifestyle changes prompt all sorts of changesand rearranging of priorities. Lucky you as retirement approaches. I know you've worked really hard 

Trusted Contributor

Hello gals.  I've been checking in and out but haven't anything new to say.  I am sorta hooked on that black ceramic and SS 'non blingy' TechnoMarine Blue Manta.  I'd like to grab it for less than the now sale price of $198.  I did have a white and a black ceramic SS in the links like this one but in the Invicta line.  Loved them but they were too small, like maybe 24mm so I gave them to my sis.  She loves them.  So did I but these TM have a 38mm dial, more to my liking now.  Has anyone purchased these for less than $198.?  They are over at Ashford.  Other than those, I haven't been attracted to any.  Of course if the RT/SS blue manta came back in stock, I'd grab that one first.  But that's long gone, I think.  Anyway, it's going to be -16 tonite, I think staying in sounds just great.  At least no noticeable snow with it.  I've had enough winter now.

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

I received my Puppy SAN I today and I love it! The strap is a little short though. In order to wear it a bit above my wrist bone, I have the strap buckled on the last hole. The strap is nice and soft though and the purple face is beautiful. It's a different color purple dial than any of the other watches I have. It has a lot of blue in it. You could almost call it a dark periwinkle. This watch actually goes perfectly with this pair of Vionic shoes I have: A272196.

I'm actually kind of sorry that I didn't get the one with the green strap too. I kept pondering until it sold out. Saved from myself! Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Hi aprimo

Glad that you love your "puppy." Wear in good health. Sounds like it will work with the vionics.

One person I know will try to switch out the strap if she can.  We'll see if she does.

It looks like they will be offering the Maverick. Just another budget-friendly pro diver type watch.

If one is looking for a 36mm, that could be a good one. (Posting for others.) 

Respected Contributor

aprimo:  glad your new puppy is a winner.  I know the temptation to order more than one color is very strong when we see a watch we like.  That's how I ended up with such a large collection.   I think a little self control is a good thing.  Enjoy wearing your new watch.

Trusted Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

aprimo:  glad your new puppy is a winner.  I know the temptation to order more than one color is very strong when we see a watch we like.  That's how I ended up with such a large collection.   I think a little self control is a good thing.  Enjoy wearing your new watch.

It's a good thing the green is sold out in both sizes or I would be tempted to order the 47mm. I think with the silicon strap it wouldn't be too heavy. Just as well. My cat broke my computer today, so I have other things I need to spend my money on. This cat is a menace, I swear!  I just finished buying new glasses because of the cat and now this. Ugh. If he weren't so darned cute...

Respected Contributor

Sorry about your computer. Well, there is a bright side: this time of year is a great time to get a new one. There are a lot of specials--unless, it  can be fised.

I don't know what it is with cats and computers. I will sometimes be working on a project while cat siting and the one kitty will walk on the keys. Annoying. I dont think she thinks she is "helping." She doesn't want anything to take away from her.  That includes the computer.

The thing is, they dont get it. if you yell at them. 

Hope all works out. I am sure he is very cute. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Sorry about your computer. Well, there is a bright side: this time of year is a great time to get a new one. There are a lot of specials--unless, it  can be fised.

I don't know what it is with cats and computers. I will sometimes be working on a project while cat siting and the one kitty will walk on the keys. Annoying. I dont think she thinks she is "helping." She doesn't want anything to take away from her.  That includes the computer.

The thing is, they dont get it. if you yell at them. 

Hope all works out. I am sure he is very cute. Smiley Happy

Yep, Buddy is a big one for walking across the keys. But he's a big guy and he actually broke the hinge that attaches the keyboard to the screen. It might be fixable, but the question is at what cost? We'll have to see.

It's definitely about making sure they have your attention. Buddy is not one to take a backseat to anyone or anything.

Buddy20150430.jpg

Respected Contributor

Ok..... Buddy is awesome. Thanks for posting a pic. You know, it's almost like he was posing for the shot. LOL.