Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--FEBRUARY 2016

Hi aprimo,

Hope you like. Let is lmpw wjat upi think.

Although the price went back up, you can still see the presentatin of the piece.

They have posted the video.

Respected Contributor

aprimo:  congratulations on the new watch.  You got a great deal.  I wonder what the TTV price will be.   What is the case design of your other puppy?   The TTV is a SAN I,  and two of the others on the site are the Venom.  There are also differences in the movments and the case sizes.

Trusted Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

aprimo:  congratulations on the new watch.  You got a great deal.  I wonder what the TTV price will be.   What is the case design of your other puppy?   The TTV is a SAN I,  and two of the others on the site are the Venom.  There are also differences in the movments and the case sizes.

I have the Venom Puppy in blue/green and orange/pink--the ones that are still showing on the Evine site. I think the orange/pink one is sold out, but the pic is still up. Last time I checked, the blue/green one was still available, as well as a pink/green one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The launch price is the same as the TTV.  It's just their sneak peek of the TTV.

$189.64 sbould be the price of the TTV.  There's only 400 of each style and size.. In comparison, I thought the Excursion on the rubber strap was a better deal, because it was $169. They did throw in a dive box. This was $189 with the one-slot. It would be cheaper if they would just put in it a Reserve box. Wishful thinking. If ou conservatively eatimate that bracelet versions should be $50, higher however, it's roughly the same price as the stainless and goldtone versions. The stainless version had a nicer box   

Respected Contributor

I was late getting to my emails & when I checked, the price of the "Puppy" was back up to $328 or whatever, but I don't need another watch!  (not that that's ever stopped me before!)

evine stock closed at 98¢ today....

aub

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

TTV is open. It's now back at $189.65

Trusted Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Well, the swan has been singing for a long time. evine has made questionable management decisions.  Start with the name. (does anyone like it?)

I have made a lot of purchases. The majority of it was watches or jewelry. I did buy a computer, because I thought VPs fit my budget. Occasionally, clothes. Most of it doesn't appeal to me.

Since they were shopnbc, there was a definite drift downwards. And a lot of confusion.

They have never been able to shake off the third place status. It will be interesting to see how long it can survive.

I'm no expert, but I think the name change was beyond stupid. I don't know what the reason is that they are not broadcasting in HD on Comcast Houston, but that has to be costing them viewers just because I think most people with disposable income who watch cable will be browsing the HD part of the channel guide much more often than the SD part. And it leads me to believe that there are probably other major metro cable systems where they also aren't in the HD channel lineup. I recall them saying that Evine broadcasts in 88 million homes nationwide. Compared to the Q, which is in over 100 million homes.

I like Evine's watches and jewelry, which is pretty different from QVC's offerings these days. I wish they would get their act together.

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone else noticed that Kendy pronounces the color orange as "ornge"? It drives me nuts! Shawn Killinger does it too. I think I recall Shawn is from Wisconsin or Michigan (I forget). Is that an Upper Midwest thing?

Respected Contributor

I am from the Midwest. In my part, that is how we say it. Since I have been out in the East for many years, I know say oh-ringe. In NYC, they say ah-ranch.

Trusted Contributor

As you know, I'm in the Midwest and we say orn-ge too.  It sure is hard to type incorrectly, when your iPad insists on correcting you.  

Like the East Coasters say Laur for law.  Kills me.

Anyone buying the Puppy edition, I've never bought into that edition.  Enjoy.  The Blue Manta is more up my alley...lol.   But I'm torn, I have many pretty TM with and with out diamonds that I don't usually wear.  Too many watches, too many choices.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY